The best tank...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David Slain

09-14-2011

What? Why has no one mentioned Nunu?

Albinododobird

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

I think Singed can tank very well. He is disruptive, damaging, and can be extremely difficult to kill. I prefer to play singed as tanky ap though. Alistar is a bit harder, but I think he's more rewarding as a tank since he has more cc and a better initiation than singed.

BadSushi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Nunu's good, but is more of AP/support tank than a main tank. He lacks a taunt/stun.

LancerXXX

09-15-2011

The thing with Singed is that he can tank without CC, he runs around so fast, STRAIGHT into the enemy team, and they focus him. He can taunt without a taunt. That is the power of Singed.
However, good teams WILL ignore Singed, as he has a low-damage Poison Trail and a 10sec CD Fling for damage. Not much compared to that carry critting for 900 twice per second.
So while Singed will SURVIVE, can is nigh-unkilliable, he's not very good a tank, only an annoying fat guy who drinks drugs to make himself go really fast. No true CC, little ability to peel enemies off squishies, it's only people that focus the tank that have a problem with Singed.

Maokai, on the other hand... awesome laning, good damage, HUGE CC, borderline-OP ultimate (people think it's bad but: it cancels out Ebonmaw's buff, it turns a 5v5 into a 5v4, it lets you take down turrets easily, and IF ANY TEAMMATE LEFT THE TEAMFIGHT ON <20% HP, THEY WERE SAVED BY VENGEFUL MAELSTROM. Decent damage too. Hardly amazing, but it's solid. Most OP gap-closer in the game. Is there any other non-skillshot gap-closer that totally inhibits movement and follows targets THROUGH Flash etc.? And Arcane Smash? Makes it IMPOSSIBLE for melee champions to kill you.

Now which one do you think is more OP?