The best tank...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MASTRxDISASTR

09-14-2011

...what's your guys opinion? I haven't really tanked much and I need to learn the role eventually, but I was wondering which tank would be the best for a starting tank/best all around tank.

Zionova

09-14-2011

Depends on the type of tank. There are anti-melee tanks, anti-mage tanks and support tanks and all will fill a different role in team composition. I prefer Rammus for anti-melee, Maokai for anti-mage, and all the support tanks are pretty equal to me in terms of usefulness.

Hyosun

09-14-2011

Try Rammus or Amumu. You will have a hard time laning as either one of them ( which is why they are usually jungling ) but if you have a smart lane partner you could come out on top.

I feel Rammus would be good for beginners because of his natural tankiness ( against AD ) and his basic strategy is easy to pick up. Taunt anyone on their team besides the tank that can be quickly dispatched, and ult when things get heavy.

Amumu is simple too. All you gotta know is how to setup that perfect opportunity, a great bandage toss + ult and lock down the enemy so your teammates can wipe the carries out quickly.

SeCKS Egai

09-14-2011

Rammus would be my suggestion

Amumu is great, but people tend to have particular expectations and he tends to get banned frequently in lower elos

Mao is probably the best tank in a lane as his saplings can zone out early and farm as they develop

Stakt

09-14-2011

If you want to jungle tank, I'd recommend amumu or rammus.

If want to solo top tank, some good choices are singed, jarvan, nasus.

If you want to bot lane tank with a partner, you might consider leona, shen, or maokai.

Probably the best advice I can give is, just try stuff out and see what fits your style!

Domminus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Alistar

Infinnite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

I'm surprised no one's said this yet, but Singed. A few games in and you'll learn some general tactics with Singed, and if you build him right he's virtually not killable. This isn't solely because of his tanky-ness, but his abilities provide so much escaping/kiting and chasing power. And yes, he is even good at getting kills, and excellent at initiating with Fling, probably one of the best. He isn't hard to play, but easy to **** up with. I love him, he's the only tank I really play but he's my suggestion if you want a fun and viable one.

Mogs01gt

09-14-2011

Alistar > Amumu > Rammus

UbberTengen

09-14-2011

Amumu > Alistair > Rammus >

Malphite <3

rekkless

09-14-2011

amumu