Trinket/Ward questions, tips and tricks...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steinustine

2 Weeks Ago

Hello forum,

I'm inviting anybody lacking experience/anybody with experience to share their questions, tips and tricks about trinkets and wards. I'm hoping we'll all be able to share ideas/knowledge with one another and thus improve one another as players. I'll start off with a question to get the ball rolling: Is it okay for the ADC ( Caitlyn, Jinx, Twitch, etc. ) to get a Sweeping Lens trinket instead of one of the two other trinkets given the fact supports ( Braum, Lulu, Soraka, Etc. ) are supposed to ward? I look forward to seeing how this thread progresses.

Happy trails,
Steinustine.

Left for Zed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

2 Weeks Ago

All players should switch to Sweeping Lens at about 10 minutes into the game and buy wards to keep up the your teams vision and deny enemies vision.

Warding is a team effort the 3 wards that a support can place isn't enough.

Big Dirty Deuce

Master Recruiter

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinustine View Post
Hello forum,

I'm inviting anybody lacking experience/anybody with experience to share their questions, tips and tricks about trinkets and wards. I'm hoping we'll all be able to share ideas/knowledge with one another and thus improve one another as players. I'll start off with a question to get the ball rolling: Is it okay for the ADC ( Caitlyn, Jinx, Twitch, etc. ) to get a Sweeping Lens trinket instead of one of the two other trinkets given the fact supports ( Braum, Lulu, Soraka, Etc. ) are supposed to ward? I look forward to seeing how this thread progresses.

Happy trails,
Steinustine.
You want to get the warding totem as the ADC, you want vision for your lane more than you want to get rid of enemy vision. To watch for ganks etc. Keeping a pink ward in your tri bush is always a good thing to do as well. you can trade it for a sweeper later but I usually just keep totem all game.

Lord Khaoz

2 Weeks Ago

Try to avoid warding the exact same locations, keep placing new wards close but not close enough to get found easily.

TubbyTuba

2 Weeks Ago

Place your trinket ward in the river, so you can see enemies coming into your lane from elsewhere

RomanMVP

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left for Zed View Post
All players should switch to Sweeping Lens at about 10 minutes into the game and buy wards to keep up the your teams vision and deny enemies vision.

Warding is a team effort the 3 wards that a support can place isn't enough.

all players? no.

but getting lens after you get sightstone as support? or lens after spirit item as jungler? yes.

acrid56

2 Weeks Ago

ward tribrush(especially vs jglers that can jump walls), ward dragon, baron, and ward the two river brushes. General wards around knot-points(like where multiple jg paths meet, or where the enemy team spends a lot of focus on) and early warding of red and blue buffs(to determine time/get timer). Warding jg camps vs eve to keep track of her, and as adc warding the lane brush on the bottom of the map(because support like to ambush from there/ jglers hide there waiting to pounce. wards in the middle of your lane in mid, or as close to enemy tower as possible to make sure they are just recalling, and not roaming.

late game, if your winning, put wards over the side of the enemy base wall, losing, put it on the jg side of your wall.
mid game, start warding brush behind baron/ dragon, and the brush closest to wraiths(to avoid ambushing)

playing vs rengy jg, wards further in his jg, or a pink in the river will stop those pesky rengy ult ganks.

if you are pushing past the lane mid point top/ bot lane, ward the jungle entrances half way down the lane, to avoid ganks.

lastly, as you get closer to winning, pushing the majority of your front ward line into enenmy territory to catch vision of them, and prewarding drag/ baron about 45 seconds before it comes up. if you have teleport mids/ top, as a bot lane, place wards as far back into the lane as possible, in the middle(to avoid it being sweeped) so that the top/mid gank come in from behind.

Scrying orbs are good if the enemy team is prone to baiting barons and dragons, so you can see them.

NEVER FORGET TO UPGRADE YOUR TRINKETS
(if you want the extra bonus's)

hope this helps

SpareTheNoob

2 Weeks Ago

As an ADC I keep the trinket because if I'm pushing a lane by myself, it gives me some vision which makes it slightly safer. If I had gotten a sweeping lens, I basically have no vision.