Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miss Fuzzy Butt

09-14-2011

Should runes be purely for early game? Like instead of getting the plus ability power for every level, maybe I should get just straight up flat runes? If you can feed off of your lane early game or just manage to not be the feed, you'll be fine, right?

Sistine

09-14-2011

Yes usually runes are for early game advantage, some people like lategame rune pages like all ap per lvl runes or movespeed quints but it'll be hard to lane against someone with early game runes.

Sample AD page:
9x armor pen reds
9x flat AD yellow
9x flat MR blue
3x flat AD quints

this page gives you +15 armor pen +11 AD an +13 magic resist at level 1 which is basically around 800g worth of stats (although its hard to price armor pen runes)

Seelyon

09-14-2011

That is the general idea behind them, see here: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-rune-pages-guide

Jairoe

09-14-2011

Astrolight it really depends on your style and for what purpose you would like to use them for:

For the most part I prefer to use runes for 1 of two things: To make up for something I won't have much of especially early game i.e. I use flat armor seals and magic resist glyphs with Defense mastery on Pantheon because it allows me to focus on offensive items early phase a bit more.

I also use runes for specific types of champions to enhance what they already have so I use magic pen quints, mana regen seals, flat AP glyphs on someone like Karthus or Annie.

You could use the per level runes if you are looking for more of an advantage late game (about 2x bonus as compared to their flat equivalents), but usually by late game i.e. level 18, game is determined for the most part unless its close which is fewer and farer between. Seems like games are won in mid phase hence why many shoot for a good early phase.