New Taric, AP or hybrid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emalore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Thoughts?

Felix67

09-14-2011

A bit of tanky/supporter i believe,like maokai.I suppose he can even initiate with proper items later.Now he doesnt need a gazilion of mana/mana regen to be effective,so grab him a RoA and then max his CDR/armor/magic res.I bet a full AP build will do nice aoe burst,but he is completely outclassed by annie and friends in that apsect,plus the meelee range and the lack of self heal with the change to radiance completely murders that kind of set.Im also thinking that Nashors Tooth will still get the best out of him,as it benefits his ults bonuses and his heals cooldown.

Emalore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

I've been considering something like Trinity+aura items, as it seems they want to shift his focus to be more damage oriented.

I agree that tooth will still be very strong on him, but I could also see a gunblade meshing with his new toolkit as well.

Cenerae

09-14-2011

I'm going to say 'support' because that's what he's designed for.

But I expect AD and AP builds are still fine for those that insist on playing him in a non supportive manner.

Kliebler

Recruiter

09-14-2011

Playing a couple of games with the new ult, so far I have noticed you need to grab more tanky items. Without your ult heal, you become quite squishy in team-fights. Otherwise I would play him as AP support/aura. AP does help when you rush into a team fight and blast your ult, damage and allied buff.

Jairoe

09-14-2011

Honestly as someone familiar with Taric, I would probably utilize similar support builds as before but include a bit of group +AD type items i.e. Starks Fervor/Aegis a little more heavily. He's still best as support to the core and as one of the few champions that can get away on being useful on a GP/5 income, I would still consider this his best role (mainly do to how few other champions can do this).

Here's my trial item build:
Faerie Charm, 2-3x Sight -> Philo Stone -> Boots of Speed -> HoG -> Ionian Boots to start
Mid to Late phase would be something like:
Aegis -> Reverie -> Stark's Fervor -> Omens

If you need MR, grab a Hexdrinker or Banshees

Other possibilities if you want to try a more offensive approach would be utilizing Manamune + Triforce after a Reverie. Less team support but heavier hits. I believe Ionian Boots + Reverie to be a staple to most support champions, but do see where the more offensive approach needs to be squeezed into there. Spamming your abilities as much as you can should be #1 priority though hence emphasis on CDR.

Cathryes

09-14-2011

yeah ...so far i REALLy miss his old ult..now i dont do dam and die real easy...kayle solo me..she could never do that before....

Afraa

09-14-2011

I tried him and honestly they tried to fix something that wasn't broke and screwed him over.

early game sux now cause he has much less burst

ult is terrible compared to before they should at least have given it a mini aoe heal or something

they took a complex champ that could be played in multiple ways successfully including straight support, jungle, ad, ap, or tank; and turned him into a one dimensional champ that will probably only be usefull as support

Anomandar

09-14-2011

His new ULT is garbage.

BearrKun

09-14-2011

imo taric is better and i like his ult. i love stunning ulting and w and the rest of ur team clens up the carrys