Surrender Etiquette

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EatsBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

You forgot the part where when the vote is accepted, the other team calls you noobs and your own team picks one person to blame the entire loss on.

Natural Alais

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bylobog44 View Post

If your team is full of idiots who rage and insult everyone, a pre-mature surrender vote is more likely to lead to a loss.
This is the number one thing that will get me to agree to a surrender vote. I don't mind plugging away at a hopeless game (even if not enjoyable), but nothing makes me wish a game would end sooner then team-mates calling each other names or calling someone else a name using /all.

BromoBroFist

09-14-2011

Only newbs and cowards surrender

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

i never surrender, because there is always the human element that could sneak up and let you sneak a win.

Eternally12

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikeSushi View Post
The reason why people try to surrender before the Nexus is destroyed is because if you time it right, you can make the Nexus explode twice.
I've seen the double ending once.... The other team surrendered just as we were taking out the nexus.... And it exploded twice. Now it makes sense.

Goodbrew

09-14-2011

I almost always vote no to surrender, because that one time you make the amazing unthinkable comeback outweighs the 80 times you failed miserably.

MeditationError

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternally12 View Post
2. The game is 30 min. in and the other team is 10-15 kills ahead and they're not pushing towers, just farming kills for IP. Someone calls a surrender and it fails 3/2, this goes on for another 15 min. Now the enemy is up 25 kills and have only taken one tower, and still your team wont surrender.
Over time this scenario has left me with a real soft spot for toons that push really well. If the game gets to this state, you can just start pushing lanes as hard as you can, and the game ends one way or the other pretty quickly. Sometimes half the team comes to kill you and the other half runs afoul of your other 4 teammates or you drop an inhibitor, and sometimes you spur the other team into a serious counter-push and you lose

ManInAFishTank

09-15-2011

you never get better if you surrender. I've won plenty of game where we were down kills, even until the end of the game. admitting defeat is basically saying you have no skill and are leaving the game up to luck basically (based on champ select and lane pairs).