Harmless Explanation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigbadsword

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-13-2011

Since there are obviously TONS of disappointed League Fans out there (myself included), I figured to jus make this thread and put the obvious out on the table.

Why no Dominion in this patch if y'all had it up at PAX?

JamJarsook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

Compiling data from PAX until now. Observe what worked, what didn't, and fix these appropriately

AbyssionKnight

09-13-2011

herp derp, that's like asking companies why aren't they selling a game while its in beta. After all its clearly playable, so why not make money off it? Its also like asking anyone at E3, or any other gaming expo why their game isn't released, when they're showing it off?

Obvious answer is obvious: They're still working on it.

There was no 'ITS BEING RELEASED NOW GUIZ' kind of announcement, so you and anyone that disappointed need to stop being so butthurt and be thankful they're taking their time to make sure its good, and not a buggy game mode that no one'll play after the first week.

Zanarias

09-13-2011

Welcome to marketing enjoy your stay. Hype forever don't deliver.

Anyway, enjoy your normals and ranked for the rest of the year.

Jasc

09-13-2011

@ AbyssionKnight: Another upset Riot fanboy that is hurt because people don't like his favorite company.

Bigbadsword

Recruiter

09-13-2011

its obviously playable. if they're playing it in the office constantly, i dont get why its not released, thats why i asked for a pure explanation of it. i honestly never complain since yes it is a free game. im not even complaining now, i am disappointed yes, but oh well. all i want is an explanation as to what must be so problematic it cant be released in the patch. they're making a really big deal over dominion and season 2, but when are we going to actually get our hands on dominion? infact, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/l...cover-pc-gamer we're going to have tips for dominion before we get dominion.

Benign Sentinel

Recruiter

09-13-2011

Yeah this is silly.

I don't want this to become yet another work in progress...

like magma chamber and the rest of the stuff?

AbyssionKnight

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Dark View Post
@ AbyssionKnight: Another upset Riot fanboy that is hurt because people don't like his favorite company.
Actually i'm facepalming at the fact people are complaining about this. Game companies all the time have beta versions of games they show at expos and ****. Yes they're playable but they're not the end product that company wants to deliver. What they're playing, and what other people are playing is a beta. Play testing happens all the time, which is part of why companies bring it to expos and ****. It not only builds hype, but it also is free beta testing for them.

Considering Riot is far from the only company who does this, its hardly about being a fanboy. Did you even read what I said, or did you just see I wasn't joining the QQ train and decided to call me a fanboy?

Effa you dolphin

09-13-2011

Yeah, I'm pretty upset with Riot right about now. If they would freaking communicate with us at all, AT ALL, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. Freaking unbelievable.

Effa you dolphin

09-13-2011

Answer: Riot literally has 0 respect for their player base. Therefore, there is no rush to keep everyone "in the loop". They can just do whatever the hell they want.

I'm honestly thinking about quitting this game over this. I don't want to continue supporting a company that does not care about their player base.