Leave riot alone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methodone

09-14-2011

Always down vote fanboy deep brown nosers. Free or not people want to play and your not a real fan of the game if you are cool with waiting. We all know it's ready for release

shiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Riot is waiting for "nothing" to release this so-called "dominion". I hope they keep not talking to the community about "dominion" and give us 0 updates. Then I hope riot is dumb enough to release that "dominion" thing late october or even november.

Sorry Riot but when late october hits, millions of people will be playing "real games" such as Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3, Gears of War 3, Skyrim, Star Wars the Old Republic, Batman, and whatever ptjer actual games will be releasing then, NOT dominion.

Basically if Riot doesn't release Dominion in SEPTEMBER - they are taking a huge **** on their own face.

Orion69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg salamander View Post
you people really need to get off of riots back about dominion no the never told us or implied when they game was going out so stop saying they did and complaining about it would u rather them hold the game off for a few more weeks and make it perfect or would u rather them serve us up a incomplete game that no one wants to play. Also i dont think any of u people complaining realize how hard it is to program something like that and write the games script so untill u little kids and adults figure out how to do that shut up leave them alone and let them do there thing
Umm, I don't feel like finding the link but they did say next downtime. hence the reason they put 1/2 of the dominions stuffs in last patch. How much you fail comprehension astounds me.

Pataraga

09-14-2011

Well also I think for us beta players, we were promised Magma Chamber at Halloween of 2010. Yet still having to waste my time on LoL facerolling through Summoner's Rift wondering when the new maps will be out. And to the "Free game stfu" argument. Riot has a money cow with skins and bundles and such. Also LoL has 3rd highest game hours spent on it this decade with WoW and WC3 in front of it. When you look at those stats and the fact we have gotten nothing but new champions which bloat the game making feel awkward. As in some champions are good but get left behind because some champion has a similar skill set with better damage or better utility. Why did Riot not stick with the first 50. When they took month or so to release new champs. Not one every 2 weeks. They almost always get new balance changes within the first week of release because they are too strong or too weak. They arent rigorously tested and played through. Also they dont add many new and exciting mechanics to the game. They just have a new shiny R. and a regurgitated series of Q,W,E spells to make them feel complete. Also they have broken some champs and refuse to go back and fix them. Stealth has been nerfed to the point of uselessness when in mid to high ELO they werent very effective anyway. They were fun to pug stomp with but otherwise carried no real power into the game. Still waiting on the evelynn remake that was promised 5 months ago or so. And yes remake means changing something with the champ to change her playstyle. Not nerfing her skills to the ground and walking away. But in other news Dominion release "soon" in the mean time I would suggest getting a new puppy or some other time waster. Because Riot just seems to be worried about their profits and new champions. Not new interesting game play, or items, or champion balance. Just money

morrock

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg salamander View Post
Also i dont think any of u people complaining realize how hard it is to program something like that and write the games script so untill u little kids and adults figure out how to do that shut up leave them alone and let them do there thing
Being a professional programmer, I realize exactly how hard this is to do. Thing is, I'm not the one with hundreds of employees working for a company values at well over $400 million dollars ( http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379503,00.asp )

Anyone who states in defense LoL is a free game doesn't know that the majority of players have spent over $100 on LoL, and Riot just keeps making it more expensive. LoL is free if you want to be stuck with a bi-weekly hero rotation that isn't your choice, and want to be judged negatively by other players for not owning skins, and have less conveniences than people spend money. LoL is free for the experience of a free game.

Riot has shown that they are satisfied with their position in the MOBA market (basically being the only profitable one), and satisfied with their position in the competitive games market, and more concerned with short term profit pulls instead of improving the experience even further; a claim going against everything they promised when I first began playing.

But on the brightside, Minecraft 1.8 was just released. So I'll be back on LoL in 4 months when Dominion is released.

Pataraga

09-14-2011

Morrock you have it all right. 4 months possibly. I mean Rioters play MW3 and BF3 and GoW3 and Skyrim.. so maybe by next christmas we will get to play on the new map. YAY!

Scontro

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebb1234 View Post
absolutely! the game is free lmao how can you possibly complain about hours of free entertainment? plus all these kids have their parents paying their internet bill too bahahaha
You have a very mediocre mind...

Worden

09-14-2011

Dude bro...there's like one punctuation mark in that entire OP.

HayzeMalice

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataraga View Post
Well also I think for us beta players, we were promised Magma Chamber at Halloween of 2010. Yet still having to waste my time on LoL facerolling through Summoner's Rift wondering when the new maps will be out. And to the "Free game stfu" argument. Riot has a money cow with skins and bundles and such. Also LoL has 3rd highest game hours spent on it this decade with WoW and WC3 in front of it. When you look at those stats and the fact we have gotten nothing but new champions which bloat the game making feel awkward. As in some champions are good but get left behind because some champion has a similar skill set with better damage or better utility. Why did Riot not stick with the first 50. When they took month or so to release new champs. Not one every 2 weeks. They almost always get new balance changes within the first week of release because they are too strong or too weak. They arent rigorously tested and played through. Also they dont add many new and exciting mechanics to the game. They just have a new shiny R. and a regurgitated series of Q,W,E spells to make them feel complete. Also they have broken some champs and refuse to go back and fix them. Stealth has been nerfed to the point of uselessness when in mid to high ELO they werent very effective anyway. They were fun to pug stomp with but otherwise carried no real power into the game. Still waiting on the evelynn remake that was promised 5 months ago or so. And yes remake means changing something with the champ to change her playstyle. Not nerfing her skills to the ground and walking away. But in other news Dominion release "soon" in the mean time I would suggest getting a new puppy or some other time waster. Because Riot just seems to be worried about their profits and new champions. Not new interesting game play, or items, or champion balance. Just money

I agree 100%... I still waiting for Teemo fix... tho he hasn't been broken as long as Eve... i still remember nice Rabadons/RoA/masamune eve ... sigh

HayzeMalice

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrock View Post
Being a professional programmer, I realize exactly how hard this is to do. Thing is, I'm not the one with hundreds of employees working for a company values at well over $400 million dollars ( http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379503,00.asp )

Anyone who states in defense LoL is a free game doesn't know that the majority of players have spent over $100 on LoL, and Riot just keeps making it more expensive. LoL is free if you want to be stuck with a bi-weekly hero rotation that isn't your choice, and want to be judged negatively by other players for not owning skins, and have less conveniences than people spend money. LoL is free for the experience of a free game.

Riot has shown that they are satisfied with their position in the MOBA market (basically being the only profitable one), and satisfied with their position in the competitive games market, and more concerned with short term profit pulls instead of improving the experience even further; a claim going against everything they promised when I first began playing.

But on the brightside, Minecraft 1.8 was just released. So I'll be back on LoL in 4 months when Dominion is released.

If Riot were a honest true to god company of their word... they would look at this forum thread... So many games go down the hole and lose their almost #1 spot, because they like their seat on the mountain of MMO's. Soon though the masses get tired of asking and decide their money is spent better elsewhere.

ALSO..

Word of mouth is the most POWERFUL form of publicity you can have...

Many displeased gamers=many displeased comments=Less new gamers/fast impulse buying profits=Less profits=Less content/fixes/updates which turns out in the end a Dead Game....

I have seen many many online games rise n fall. I am an old man with credit cards... lol

Riot chooses their own time, I not complaining about Dominion release date or nothing... I mean this patch or one before woulda been hella awesome. But, There's lotsa ingame fixes that need it as well. Summoner Spells like Teleport r broke

When I first started a couple months ago my friendslist was BOOMING 70+

now like 5 people get on... sad