Which AP items for AP tank Shen in the coming patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wakeman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

09-13-2011

Shen is back! He will be buffed a lot in the coming patch:

Quote:
Shen

General
Base damage increased to 57.875 from 56.875
Damage per level increased to 3.375 from 3.075
Base armor increased to 23 from 22

Vorpal Blade
Base damage increased to 70/115/140/175/210 from 50/90/130/170/210
Heal increased to 18/26/34/42/50 from 10/20/30/40/50 (over 3 seconds)
Damage ability power ratio increased to 0.75 from 0.65
Heal amount no longer increases with ability power

Feint ability power ratio increased to 0.75 from 0.6

Shadow Dash taunt duration increased to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds from 0.8/1.1/1.4/1.7/2 seconds

Stand United
Ability power ratio increased to 1.5 from 1.0
Energy cost reduced to 0 from 50
Interestingly, there are buffs to the AP ratio of his abilities. Therefore, it is likely that one should build one to two AP items even when tanking.

Abyssal Scepter came to my mind immediately. What other AP items do you think will be good for tanking Shen?

--Wakeman

Chunky Evelynn

09-13-2011

Probably a Rylai's Crystal Scepter or an Abyssal Scepter. Just make sure you're still tanky.

GhostDonkeys

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinnn View Post
Probably a Rylai's Crystal Scepter or an Abyssal Scepter. Just make sure you're still tanky.
Yeah rylai's and abyssal are pretty much the only tanky ap items I can think of that would do well for him. RoA just wouldn't be too great on him due to the fact he doesn't have mana.

Wakeman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

09-13-2011

Not sure if others will report me trolling if I use Zhonya's Hourglass. lol
(It has armor.)

Wakeman

Master Recruiter

09-13-2011

Not totally sure about Rylai's Crystal Scepter since only Shen's Q and passive do magic damage and Rylai's unique passive would be kind of wasted.....

Luthien Kess

09-13-2011

Does activating Zhonya's cancel his taunt? If not I could find that hilarious. Taunt 3 opponents and immediately activate, basically turning the taunt into a stun.

Che Gimpera

09-13-2011

It does not cancel the taunt and I've used it in troll AP Shen builds.

I'm really not sure how this patch will help Shen though. I'm thinking Riot wants Shen to be "BURST" tanky as opposed to consistently tanky, if you know what I mean. After all, he's kind of a skinny ninja...

If that's the case, they need to make it so when someone dps's through your bubble (feint), you get half the energy back. After all, his weakness is his energy management.

bob000

09-13-2011

Triforce.

Dakkas

09-14-2011

I've used Zhonyas and Abyssal on Shen when I played him way back. It was pretty much when HoG stacked so I have like 4 of them which let me buy those.

It works pretty well when you want to suicide to ensure your entire team survives. Feint -> Zhonyas -> allies escape

Wakeman

Master Recruiter

09-15-2011

Shadow Dash => activate Hourglass

lol