@Riot DEVS Regarding tear of the goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XULTRAX

09-13-2011

Has the developer team considered Tear of the Goddess on Dominion?

Certain champions like Karthus, Ezreal, or Cassopia can use its proc to get an unfair mana advantage in the game as they will be able to buy it right when the game begins and farm it up before any action actually happens. By itself the item wouldn't really be that scary but since it can be built into items such as Manamune and Archangels staff I believe it may be op!

David12596

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XULTRAX View Post
Has the developer team considered Tear of the Goddess on Dominion?

Certain champions like Karthus, Ezreal, or Cassopia can use its proc to get an unfair mana advantage in the game as they will be able to buy it right when the game begins and farm it up before any action actually happens. By itself the item wouldn't really be that scary but since it can be built into items such as Manamune and Archangels staff I believe it may be op!
I really can't see it being a problem in dominion. I believe it is completely fair that you can get your mana up faster early in the game. Seeing that the games last at most 18-25 minutes, you should not have to wait as long as SR to get all the mana from it.

Besides, I saw a few streams with Rioters picking Tear of the Goddess and it did not seem OP at all.

XULTRAX

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
I really can't see it being a problem in dominion. I believe it is completely fair that you can get your mana up faster early in the game. Seeing that the games last at most 18-25 minutes, you should not have to wait as long as SR to get all the mana from it.

Besides, I saw a few streams with Rioters picking Tear of the Goddess and it did not seem OP at all.
Did they sit at the spawn at the beginning of the game and spam their abilities? You see unlike in summoners rift, you can purchase TotG in the first 5 seconds of the game and get your mana up by 50-70 or so depending on the cooldown of your ability (eg. Karthus can spam it like every 3 seconds (Q), perfect for the proc to be activated. Therefore champions like him can start out with a lot more mana than characters like say, Rammus. While Rammus might be able to use his abilities around 2-4 times before he runs out of mana, I think it give too much sustainability to certain characters. Especially ranged ones as they are going to be able to kill you with all the mana they have. At such a low level, its just too much mana at your disposal.

p00rleno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XULTRAX View Post
Did they sit at the spawn at the beginning of the game and spam their abilities? You see unlike in summoners rift, you can purchase TotG in the first 5 seconds of the game and get your mana up by 50-70 or so depending on the cooldown of your ability (eg. Karthus can spam it like every 3 seconds (Q), perfect for the proc to be activated. Therefore champions like him can start out with a lot more mana than characters like say, Rammus. While Rammus might be able to use his abilities around 2-4 times before he runs out of mana, I think it give too much sustainability to certain characters. Especially ranged ones as they are going to be able to kill you with all the mana they have. At such a low level, its just too much mana at your disposal.

Yes, there were people who sat in the fountain and spammed skills to gain mana. Riot doesn't just know about this, they've done it themselves

XULTRAX

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00rleno View Post
Yes, there were people who sat in the fountain and spammed skills to gain mana. Riot doesn't just know about this, they've done it themselves
I see, so I guess it isn't that much of a problem after all?

jokull

09-14-2011

we'll see if it gets abused or is op in game, i think its necessary to keep arch/manamune viable since fewer people will be able to get it stacked up. in other news, skarner will be extremely viable now with this

Lando Heffalump

09-14-2011

not a problem

Xoro

09-14-2011

Riot already responded to this at some other point in time. They basically said that it is fine because of the other advantages (prospector items) you have to give up to get it at the start of the game. However, they also said they would keep an eye on it too.