Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Information for Mac Beta Testers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tamat

Recruiter

09-13-2011

Greetings Summoners!

Last week we announced the imminent closure of the Mac beta for League of Legends after months of searching for a solution that would allow us to release on the Mac with a service comparable to what we offer existing PC users. We’ve been reading your feedback and understand your concerns. We’d like to clarify two aspects of our announcement which have been at the core of most player feedback and questions:

RP Refund Program
In the coming weeks we will be sending out an email to those who have purchased RP within the Mac client with instructions on how you can get the money used to purchase RP refunded in exchange for removing all items purchased with RP and any remaining RP balance that came from an RP purchase. Additionally, we will not be closing the account you played on! It’s your account after all, leveled with the determination of hours on Summoner’s Rift, so it’s yours to keep. We’re already hard at work on a new Mac client and though it will take some time to complete, we want to make sure that Mac users can return to their accounts when we’re ready to begin Mac testing once again.

Champions Bundle Reward for Mac Beta Testers
All players who had a majority of their logins through the Mac client will automatically have the Champions Bundle added into their accounts in the coming weeks. Players who did not get a chance to login to the Mac Client and click on the store button in the week leading up to September 6 need not worry, as our intention is to provide this reward to all players who actively helped us during the beta test period.

We know how many of you want to enjoy League of Legends on the Mac, and we’re determined to make that possible long term. Thanks for your patience as we reinvent our Mac client.

Alkutraz

09-13-2011

Thank You Tamat,

Good to hear the support.

Thanks once again

DongToTheKnees

09-13-2011

First

Mustymuff

09-13-2011

I held my tongue until hearing from Riot again on this unfortunate situation. Good job on salvaging what you could from us Mac fans and not staying silent, but I will have to part ways for Diablo 3 beta due this week! Thanks for the fun times, wish mac was up in time for Dominion because now I will most likely forget this game ever existed due to lack of mac support.

Gawdly7331

09-13-2011

Thank you, it's good to know that i can get my money back and still have the option to play my old account once i finish building my pc/ when the new mac client comes out.

Flying Toilet

09-13-2011

A heartfelt thanks for sharing whatever information you can with us. Can you return to this thread tomorrow and maybe answer any new questions that come up from this clarification?

iamriddik

09-13-2011

given your fantastic track record for getting things done in a timely manner, i'll believe it when i see it...

also, if i choose the refund, what happens to all my RP purchases?

Derelict Bane

09-13-2011

Too bad you made the time I spent playing the game worth ****.

I don't want an RP refund, I want MY MONEY BACK!

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

09-13-2011

[/sarcasm]

Racsnarok

09-13-2011

what do you mean by champion's bundle?

who are in it?

edit: also if we wanted to get our RP refunded, does that mean all that items that we've bought with RP on the mac client will be taken away from our account as well?

edit2: sorry the rp question was already asked. I did not read the thread replies before i posted.