Tell me just how Riot "lied."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slivyrr

09-14-2011

Phreak made an announcement in one of the topics a few weeks ago stating that there was nearly a 100% chance of Dominion being released "September 13'th 2011." This post (deleted or lost in the overflow of recent threads) has been linked to a handful of times previously, and a large portion of the community thought that it would be out alongside the Riven patch, as well as because one of the mistakes another employee made by stating the same.

So yes, there was an announced date made my a red and a mishap by another staff member. That's why people are upset. Rightfully so? Eh kinda, but not to be all ragey about it. Just sit back and wait.

/topic.

SquirrelOPotamus

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
No, the logical conclusion is not that it is coming out the next patch. The logical conclusion is that it is possible for it to come out the following patch since we have gotten a good deal of the files.

I read your whole argument. You obviously put some thought into it . . . except how logic works. You put information about how emotion works and what the consumer expects, but humans are completely illogical.

You know what would of had to happen for you to logically conclude that Dominion was going to come with the Riven patch? If Riot, in an official announcement (and not some random support employee), said it would come out in the Riven patch.

Also, I would suggest, unless you realize how hard maintaining a server let alone debugging is, let alone how hard it is to provide a game internationally is, that you don't suggest that Riot hasn't tried to get Dominion out for the Riven patch. If they felt they had worked out a vast majority of the champion bugs and possible server issues that would come with Dominion, don't you think Riot would have released it this with this patch to get the masses of people who can do nothing but ***** on how Dominion has not arrived, yourself included, to shut up.

I definitely want Dominion, there is no question about that. I am ready to carve out a nice chunk of my school schedule so that I will skip **** near anything to start playing Dominion sans the convention I am co-hosting on my campus. But for ****'s sakes, stop acting like Riot has "lied", "deceived", or whatever ****ing verb you wish to use in order to suggest Riot actually given you a date and missed it. It is *****ing like yours that makes Riot wary of setting a ****ing date, because look at how much *****ing you are doing without Riot setting a date, and imagine how much you'll be *****ing if they did miss a date.

On the other hand, you are just going to respond about why you are justified in your *****ing some more, or you are going to call me a "white knight" even though I haven't really defended Riot, just suggested why LOGICALLY you aren't being logical, or whatever you plan on doing to insult me.

So, yeah. Best part is, I made that whole argument after less than 5 hours of sleep and on about 12 ounces of lovely Snapple tea. On the other hand, I shouldn't kill my faith in humanity so early in the morning.
You Sir, are a gentleman, and a scholar!

I Knew Jesus

09-14-2011

Dominion is a myth, I am assuming it was originally announced on April fools day and riot is going for the longest April fools joke of all time. A post from a riot employee said that Dominion would come out in the next downtime (that was 2 downtimes ago). The majority of dominion was done over a month ago, sure there were bug fixes and other things but assuming the time they have it should be done. Dominion is a myth and it is not coming out.

Gamblez

Recruiter

09-14-2011

Not lied. Misslead us, as per usual. How long ago was it that they were freaking out over the "culmination of all there efforts" you don't freak out like that and say something will be released "soon" and then wait a month or two.

I have worked in customer service before and you go by there time not yours. If "soon" to me is telling them to wait for 25 minutes I surely didn't say soon, I would say about 20 minutes, cause I'm sure to them waiting for 20 minutes would be ridiculous.

Riot tells us "soon" and by that they mean some stupidly insane pseudo-soon which actually means when ever we get around to it (if) we get around to it. People are just tired of being misslead, yeah if they realease dominion in 2 weeks that would be great.

But haven't they screwed us enough with spectator, magma chamber, replay etc. enough. I mean come on it's not like this is the first time riots been deceiving and were jumping on them, its an ongoing thing.

Rammify

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Knew Jesus View Post
Dominion is a myth, I am assuming it was originally announced on April fools day and riot is going for the longest April fools joke of all time. A post from a riot employee said that Dominion would come out in the next downtime (that was 2 downtimes ago). The majority of dominion was done over a month ago, sure there were bug fixes and other things but assuming the time they have it should be done. Dominion is a myth and it is not coming out.
Ive seen this in at least 3 other different threads. Its getting old quite with the copy/paste

Shini Laser

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerShadowX View Post
Phreak made an announcement in one of the topics a few weeks ago stating that there was nearly a 100% chance of Dominion being released "September 13'th 2011." This post (deleted or lost in the overflow of recent threads) has been linked to a handful of times previously, and a large portion of the community thought that it would be out alongside the Riven patch, as well as because one of the mistakes another employee made by stating the same.

So yes, there was an announced date made my a red and a mishap by another staff member. That's why people are upset. Rightfully so? Eh kinda, but not to be all ragey about it. Just sit back and wait.

/topic.
No, it isn't topic. You know what your argument lacks?

Proof. You can't just claim that Phreak made a claim without proof. And it is misinformation like that that makes people believe that Riot truly did set a date in stone, and therefore, they feel justified.