Tell me just how Riot "lied."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeaPirate

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tun Conagozn View Post
Jozrael said that JBX2 made a mistake by putting that up, so its supported by jozrael
Yeah i saw the red post just now. It doesn't say that posting the image was a mistake it says that the information contained is incorrect. In other words riot did NOT say this patch.

Roccano

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedia2369 View Post
I think that riot did lie to us.. not by saying soon.. but by saying their here for the players, what they do isfor the players...
No not relly riot becase you would lisen to the forums and give us a date..i mean its for the best.
Yes for every one im not a desgner or anything but i thik they would make all the kids stop crying and ll the peple telling people to be patience woud have a sigh of relif..
we as a community of gamers..
Why, so people can start crying if Riot misses the date?
Yeah, bad idea.

xDay

09-13-2011

No so people can understan why they missd the date. If they say for a certain bug , or why.. its alot btter then "Soon" which they've compeltly missed the point.. Soon is a brief moment.. its been almost a month.. and they've had dominionin makin for a year..

Ry§

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

Cool story brah.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

They didn't give us a date becuase they didn't want to make us mad if they broke it, but saying "shortly after PAX" and "later this month" is even worse when you break it than breaking a hard date. They didn't lie, but they have disappointed up constantly without giving much information as to why.

Fenthis

09-13-2011

Riot should just give us some outragous date like coming out next year and then release it when they feel like it.

Coming before 2012 :P

Bigbadsword

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenthis View Post
Riot should just give us some outragous date like coming out next year and then release it when they feel like it.

Coming before 2012 :P
inb4 next april fools joke.

Shini Laser

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenthis View Post
The community would take it 1 of 2 ways.

A. Realize Riot is trolling with a release date and still rage trying to figure out what day they will truly release it.

B. Take Riot seriously and rage with threats of going to DotA2/MW3/whatever bull****.

Hate to put it, I doubt the community will part A, because the community loves to rage.

Zirun

09-13-2011

Riot essentially lied by hyping Dominion to a huge extent (many videos, livestreamed games with what appeared to be something that's basically already finished, etc.) and saying it would be out "soon" (implying actually soon, not "soon" meaning "in the future") then basically falling silent about it completely. Not an outright lie, but their actions would lead any reasonable person to assume that Dominion would actually be coming out in the following days or weeks.

Even telling us about it had massive hype. Remember all those tweets, statuses, etc. about Riot members being really excited for something later that week? And then it turned out to be an announcement of something not even ready yet? People being that excited about something being released usually means it's actually going to be ready soon.

Hell, we've had to stare at Dominion's items in our shops since the last patch. If Dominion doesn't come out with Riven, I can't imagine anything but a massive ****storm on Riot's hands. Riot's deceiving their playerbase and their customers with dangling carrots. It's almost insulting to have this happen multiple times of late. It's like they can't learn from something like Magma Chamber: Don't hype if it's not done.

Bigbadsword

09-13-2011

@Zirun no dominion this patch.