Tell me just how Riot "lied."

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archlord Mythos

09-13-2011

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for breaking the fantasy world people live in, but tell me. Where did Riot intentionally lie, or break a promise, about the Dominion release date?

The only date I remember them giving wasn't even an exact date. They said "Shortly after PAX is the goal."

That "date," if you could call it that, was subject to interpretation. However, it was not saying "for sure in August/September" like some people read it to be.

While Riot may be getting a lot of hate for not giving an exact date, you can't call them liars when they didn't even promise an exact date to begin with.

Plus, all the talk about "Riot said would be out with Riven / patch after riven / etc." is pretty much all speculation, as I have not seen legit proof that anyone from Riot actually said this.

As an aside, it's also decently humorous to see the people with the highest expectations instantly swap to the lowest expectations as far as a Dominion release date goes. I mean, people instantly went from saying "would come out August 29th" to flipping out and saying "will never come out."

Zenbear

09-13-2011

I don't think this problem would arise if Riot just stopped saying soon for everything they plan on releasing. They said that with magma chamber and that was LAST YEAR. They need a new vague release date like "it will be done when it's done" or something.

Archlord Mythos

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenbear View Post
I don't think this problem would arise if Riot just stopped saying soon for everything they plan on releasing. They said that with magma chamber and that was LAST YEAR. They need a new vague release date like "it will be done when it's done" or something.
I agree with you on that. I mean, "soon" in and of itself has grown to be quite vague, but is still implied as quite an early time, due to the literal meaning of the word. Yes, though, nothing says that Riot can't use other terms, no matter the ambiguity.

Kresterz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

I hope you could sit down like you should, but NO! You run up and scream I WANT NOW!

Jeez people need to grow up and learn patience

Archlord Mythos

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kresterz View Post
I hope you could sit down like you should, but NO! You run up and scream I WANT NOW!

Jeez people need to grow up and learn patience

You obviously didn't read my post, I was actually trying to make a bit of ground against those type of people.

Thank you, however, for proving my theory that only a fraction of people would bother to read more than the title of my post.

SnizzleSticks

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenbear View Post
OMMMFFFGGGG everything that was needed to be said alll right here, fu ckin short and sweet to the point, no bs. everything i was thinking. soon means like the next ****in few days. not a fu ckin year from now

Conagozn

09-13-2011

Well JB2X lied saying that it was coming out on the next date.
proof:http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7...eleasedate.png
though it could also be interpreted as in the next coming one, not this one.

SeaPirate

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tun Conagozn View Post
Well JB2X lied saying that it was coming out on the next date.
proof:http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7...eleasedate.png
though it could also be interpreted as in the next coming one, not this one.
Honestly, it is possible that the image is a fake.

Conagozn

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaPirate View Post
Honestly, it is possible that the image is a fake.
Jozrael said that JBX2 made a mistake by putting that up, so its supported by jozrael

xDay

09-13-2011

I think that riot did lie to us.. not by saying soon.. but by saying their here for the players, what they do isfor the players...
No not relly riot becase you would lisen to the forums and give us a date..i mean its for the best.
Yes for every one im not a desgner or anything but i thik they would make all the kids stop crying and ll the peple telling people to be patience woud have a sigh of relif..
we as a community of gamers..

12345 ... 6