Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Other champions based off of real world stories?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Upuu

07-05-2013

Quote:
epicz753:
nasus is anubis renek forgot but egyptian god of crocodiles

Sobek

OhDear

07-07-2013

There's actually a fair bit of Batman in League:
As was said, Vayne is Batman
Zyra is Poison Ivy
Cryocore Brand is Mr. Freeze
Fiddlesticks is similar to, though probably not a reference to, the Scarecrow
Shaco is similar to, though probably not a reference to, the Joker

LectroFizz

07-08-2013

Don't forget singed skin that makes him look like Bane with a canister of venom on his back

CptReload

08-12-2013

I believe Katarina is Based off the famous Soviet Olympic skater Katarina Witt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57R7aAY5QiM

Tell me those spins don't look exactly like a Katarina attack

herpinderp1

09-03-2013

Ryze's lore seems like a reference to Rincewind from Discworld in that he has to protect a very dangerous spell that only he knows.

VictoryGarenteed

09-04-2013

Quote:
Bodhi Life:
May have been said but Jarvan VI on one of his skins look like Cao Cao from Dynasty Warriors. Xin Zhou on one of his skins resembles a character from the series too I believe.

The warrior kindoms Jarvan is actually Lu Bu, and Xin Zhao is Zhao Yun

Grim Freddy

02-18-2014

I always thought Nautilus looked like a big daddy from bioshock. And when you look at the abilities tutorial for Nautilus, Annie shows up (aka the little girl Big daddy's protect)

Taarr

03-29-2014

Gragas seems to be similar to Bacchus, Brand close to Agni, Wukong almost identical to Sun Wukong, Elise close to Arachne, Pantheon and Ares, Nidalee and Bast (or Bastet), Warwick and Fenrir, Tryndamere and Guan Yu, Annie and Scylla, Renekton and Sobek, and Nunu and Ymir. These are the ones that seem to be the most similar from League to Mythology

SecretLore

03-29-2014

Quote:
Taarr:
Gragas seems to be similar to Bacchus, Brand close to Agni, Wukong almost identical to Sun Wukong, Elise close to Arachne, Pantheon and Ares, Nidalee and Bast (or Bastet), Warwick and Fenrir, Tryndamere and Guan Yu, Annie and Scylla, Renekton and Sobek, and Nunu and Ymir. These are the ones that seem to be the most similar from League to Mythology

in what way are annie and scylla similar?
In mythology scyllas age isn't specified(and most often she is portrayed as an adult woman,with the lower part made of tentacle-wolves).
Same goes for ymir and nunu.
You are just comparing LoL-champs with Smite-gods...

sbudeeG

03-30-2014

Elise is more likely based on Lloth (Lolth) from D&D (Greyhawk) than the nice little greek lady.

The Four Horsemen: Hecarim (War), Mordekaiser (Pestilence pre-updated lore, Conquest currently), Thresh (Death), and I speculate that Evelynn is Famine. I say that, because her quotes speak a lot about feeding. She never seems to be able to sate this hunger or thirst she has, and is even rumored to be some sort of vampire variant.

If your don't subscribe to that assortment of champions as the Four Horsemen, Yorick's skills are named for the Four Horsemen (War/Pestilence/Famine/Death).