Other champions based off of real world stories?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman Silo View Post
Almost every champion is straight riped off and coppied from something. I've seen very few original ideas. That isnt' a bad thing mind you. Sometimes things are popular for a reason.

Ashe:Sylvanas (Phreak admited this when i talked to him in person)
Alistar: Thrall
Taric: WC3 Paladins
Jarvin: Arthus
Cho'Gath: Violator from spawn
Dr.Mundo: Dr.Jekel and Mr Hyde
Nocturne: WC3 Shade
Blitz and Rumble look like they're a reskined Shredder from WC3.
Master Yi: Blademaster from WC3

Who ever doesn't have a specific character attached to them is usually just a generic theme

Brand: Fire elemental
Zilean: Time Wizard
The 3 ninjas: Ninjas

The list goes on. I can't name what all of them are but i could do most but thats 70+ champions to list and thats just to big of a post.
You over generalize- Alistar has many differences from thrall: and all they have in common is that they were both made to fight as gladiators and later escaped.

How is Jarvan a copy of Arthus? They are both princes who fight? Is that really all you get from their stories?

Your basically taking anything like a champion in LoL and calling them rip-offs because they didn't reinvent the wheel.

(While ignoring what sets them apart.)

shadowCAL

04-06-2013

I'm certain that Rengar and Kha'Zix are based off Alien Vs. Predator.
I also think that Twitch is based off of Master Splinter from TMNT and Zed is based off of the Shredder. But Zed's skin looks like he's based off of Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat.

AzureFoxFire

04-06-2013

Ahri is based off the Nine-tailed fox from various eastern myths. <.<

AmbushIntheDark

04-06-2013

Jax

Kaemdar

04-06-2013

Miss fortune is a rip on Bond Girls and fan service in general. While providing it at the same time

And of course theres the connection between the Mount Targon champions and the greco-roman gods of Mount Olympus. Its ridiculously direct in some of their cases others just draped in connected imagery, like 300.

soulnight115

04-15-2013

Kassadin's design is very similar to that of Zeratul or maybe just a Protoss zealot in the Starcraft series

oKAiiZeR

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman Silo View Post
Vayne isn't batman. Vayne is Van Helsing
Ya he is! Bruce WAYNE, Shauna VAYNE. the bats everywhere when she tumbles and VAYNE'S parents were killed and she used their money to fight evil.

Like batman

oKAiiZeR

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
You over generalize- Alistar has many differences from thrall: and all they have in common is that they were both made to fight as gladiators and later escaped.

How is Jarvan a copy of Arthus? They are both princes who fight? Is that really all you get from their stories?

Your basically taking anything like a champion in LoL and calling them rip-offs because they didn't reinvent the wheel.

(While ignoring what sets them apart.)
I think jarven looks like Aquaman

RawliWanaSpank

04-28-2013

Twisted Fate is based off Gambit from X-men

aychamp96

04-29-2013

I'm guessing Diana is based off of Artemis the god of the wild who's roman name is "Diana" and is the goddess of the moon