getting yelled at for building leona AD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jakey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
It isn't. People are rightfully yelling at him.

You may carry games against bad players but it isn't a good build. Nothing in her kit supports such a build. You're just building AD to build AD.
Did I ever say I ran AD Leona? Only Leona I've ever played is tank, and even there I find she falls short.

I'm not the OP or someone arguing in favor of AD Leona. Get your **** straight before you start talking ****.

Carados

09-13-2011

Uhh, read my post again. Then read your post. Then read my post again.

Jakey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

Quote:
Uhh, read my post again. Then read your post. Then read my post again.
I said a reason within some people's minds why she'd be played over another tanky dps. Did I ever say she was as good as the tanky dps role as someone like Irelia? No.

Did I ever say you should build AD Leona and that it's a good build? No.

Carados

09-13-2011

I wasn't ****ing referring to you, if you read the ****ing post.

Get some reading comprehension.

Jakey

09-13-2011

Quote:
I wasn't ****ing referring to you, if you read the ****ing post.

Get some reading comprehension.
Yell more ****er, for real, misread one word, chill the **** out

Aemon Darkstar

09-13-2011

So you're basically taking a character with absolutely no damage/AS steroid (unlike EVERY OTHER AD carry/tanky DPS in the game), totally trash movespeed (another trait absent from tanky DPS), bad base damage, bad attackspeed, and a passive GEARED towards increasing allied damage (not your own), and building her like a conventional tanky DPS?

What made you think this is a good idea? That she has a gap closer and a stun? So does Amumu, but there's been a real shortage of AD Amumu's. That she has a strong shield? Ever seen an AD Rammus? That she has a good AoE stun? Again, Amumu, Galio, Alistar, etc. (AD Alistar occurs every now and then due to the nature of his ult, however).

Yes, you're getting yelled at, and you will continue to get yelled at till you realize that Leona is an excellent TANK. She's got superb initiation and teamfight control, just barely short of Amumu, and doesn't even need many items to be durable. All she really needs is CDR, and her mere presence and skill usage increases her team's damage tremendously.

You wanna play a strong tanky DPS with good CC, go play Jarvan. Realize that if you take a champ that is excellent in one role and try to shove it into another, your teammates WILL get pissed. Imagine how you'd feel having an AD Kassadin or an AD Sona on your team. When I see a Leona on my team, I want her engaging fights, tagging the enemy team with her ult, not dying and pumping out skill after skill after skill to improve my team's damage. I don't want her thinking she's Rambo and her saving her ass instead of protecting my carries who WILL do more damage than her when properly geared.

Carados

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearedSnake View Post
Yell more ****er, for real, misread one word, chill the **** out
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearedSnake View Post
Did I ever say I ran AD Leona? Only Leona I've ever played is tank, and even there I find she falls short.

I'm not the OP or someone arguing in favor of AD Leona. Get your **** straight before you start talking ****.
You first.

Jakey

09-13-2011

Quote:
You first.
Mk, if I misread one word, and I took it personally, that makes it right for you to continue screaming when I obviously had misread?

Nice logic brah.

ZOMGTURTLE

09-13-2011

You have to figure out for yourself what is viable or effective. Sometimes what everyone else tells you won't work actually works well. I get fussed at all the time for jungling Alistar. "Y U JUNGLE I HERD HE WUZ BEST LANER EVR U WASTIN ALI IN JUNGLE". But when my team doesn't have a tank or jungler, I know I can have a full clear and on my way to a gank in under 5 minutes, and if my laners don't do terrible (overextend, keep the lane pushed, get ganked, feed), I often can get a lot of good ganks in. I end a lot of games 2/2/14, stuff like that.

So if you keep going with AD Leona, and find it effective, let people know at character select that you play her more DPS and don't expect you to tank. But be ready to build more tanky if that's the way the game is flowing and you find yourself needing to. Be ready to adjust your build based on anything (opponents, team comp, how your team is playing). But most importantly... have fun. It's a game. I don't support intentionally ruining other peoples' games for your own "fun" like some people seem to enjoy doing, but don't be afraid to break convention to do your own thing if you find it effective.

Carados

09-13-2011

So instead of just picking Amumu, Rammus, Malphite, Jarvan, Udyr, Warwick, or Trundle, you pick Alistar and get the worst of both worlds?

Great advice there. Totally a reasonable position to come from.