getting yelled at for building leona AD

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meanelliott

09-13-2011

So, im constantly (nearly every game) getting trashed talked at for building leona AD even when typical games go like this for me:

*******http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6955/lol3xy.jpg********

Is this just chocked up to people being jerks, or am i being an idiot here for even bothering to ask? more importantly, for experienced people, can i expect to play as good building leona AD once i start playing in ranked games, or am i shooting myself in the foot by not getting practice with more conventional playstyles? (i'm only level 26)

any advice.

Nafaka

09-13-2011

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing on her. I like her as a tank, she is horrible as AP (scaling) and with 2 stuns I always thought she would do good as AD, just never tried :P

Koala Frenzy

09-13-2011

Well, if it works it works, but Leona IS a tank, and is more suited to her intended role. Champs designed for AD are simply going to be more effective with an AD build. You will never not get yelled at for building her AD no matter what though, until you start carrying the game.

Absinthe

09-13-2011

First, does your team have another tank? Also, if you want to play AD why not play an AD carry or tanky AD champion instead of playing a pure tank as an AD? Its detrimental to your team, which is why the rage occurs. If you like tanky ad champions try nasus, renekton, garen, etc and you may see a big difference.

Jaegermeifter

09-13-2011

I just became level 30 myself. I can tell you that ALOT of people are jerks when you solo que. But for Leona AD.... Well its simple. Leona is a Crowd Control freak with all her stuns, and even more so, shes a tank. With HORRIBLE ratios for her damage output. You cant build an AD or AP Leona. In a game vs a ranked team, your build will probley just get ran over. It might be working for you now vs some people that are like HUEHUEHUEHUE AD LEONA TR0L0L. But in the end. Tanks arnt suppose to get kills. Tanks get fed off of minions and assits. Its the role they play.

Or---

The reason why their yelling at you is because your taking the kills the carry of your team should be getting.

But this is my opinion.

YoMamaKSedMe

09-13-2011

Right at level 14 base damage is still under 100, her ratios are poor, and all her skills scales just with AP (and really low ratios) so yeah, best roll for her will still be tank.

Meanelliott

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare Pk View Post
I just became level 30 myself. I can tell you that ALOT of people are jerks when you solo que. But for Leona AD.... Well its simple. Leona is a Crowd Control freak with all her stuns, and even more so, shes a tank. With HORRIBLE ratios for her damage output. You cant build an AD or AP Leona. In a game vs a ranked team, your build will probley just get ran over. It might be working for you now vs some people that are like HUEHUEHUEHUE AD LEONA TR0L0L. But in the end. Tanks arnt suppose to get kills. Tanks get fed off of minions and assits. Its the role they play.

Or---

The reason why their yelling at you is because your taking the kills the carry of your team should be getting.

But this is my opinion.
okay thanks. best advice yet. i will say this though. when i play tanky, i have never had a carry get anywhere near the amount of kills i get when i play as the carry. so if that was what it was i would kindly just tell them to stfu.

but what you say about ranked games is my big fear, that im spending the majority of my time practicing a playstyle that will just get facerolled.

Meanelliott

09-13-2011

its mostly a matter of liking her stuns and her initiator for jumping people, as well as her aoe for clearing minions and farming. ive played nearly all the other champs and i have the most fun playing her and playing aggresively, getting those kills. that being said i do build her as a tank once in a while if there are no other tanks on the team, or i say im going to be playing her AD while in the lobby before everyone else locks in.

i try to be aware of the fact that im not doing what people expect.

EDIT: maybe i'll just have to resign to playing like this on my alt or in unranked for fun, but finding a more traditional role to get used to for ranked play.

YoMamaKSedMe

09-13-2011

If that's the case, early TriForce should help a lot.

Meanelliott

09-13-2011

well, for people wondering, i usually build triforce and ionian shoes first. if im really getting kills i rush a bloodthirster or an occult sword. Second a big AD item to suit the match, and then i either build more AD or another CDR item that counters the other team well to max (or near) max my cdrs so i can pump out stuns. madreds then usually mid to late game once the opponent starts getting bulky. if i have gold after that, it doesnt matter what i make last.

12345 ... 6