end game MVP feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoKoJie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

I think it's unfair that no matter how a player performs in game, they get rewarded the same as everyone else on the team. I propose a change to the IP reward system, where the best player get rewarded more and bad player get less while maintaining the same overall IP reward amount.

1. After the game ends, just before returning to the end game chatroom, all players are presented with an interface to pick the "MVP" on the enemy team. This can be multiple choice, and you are allowed to vote for all 5.

2. Then the IP reward gets distributed based on how many vote you got from the enemy team. For example:
teammate 1 - two vote
teammate 2 - one vote
teammate 3 - zero vote
team mate 4 - five vote
me - two vote

Let's say if the total IP amount to distribute is 300, then they get proportionately distributed based on votes:
teammate 1 gets 60 IP
teammate 2 gets 40 IP
teammate 3 gets 20 IP
teammate 4 gets 120 IP
me gets 60 IP

Basically 300 IP is still distributed, but based on game performance and contribution, which is voted by the enemy team.
Also we can possibly show how many times you are voted "MVP" out of how many games, for example on some one's profile we can put:
"voted MVP 225 times in 445 games".

I believe this will encourage people to strive to perform better and be more polite in game.

Kerinith

09-13-2011

Great suggestion but as it goes we will never see it for 2 reasons.

1- Gaming the system.
Example- This is using the mindset of a competitive player or trollers. You are the best player on the opposing team there is no doubt that you have the highest skill. Why would I then vote for you to give you more IP when I can vote for the feeder and make sure that IP just goes to waste.

2- algorithms to do that via a nonbiased way would have to many factors to create And not lag your system or the servers down for lengths of time after every game. And you can't do it just via k/d/a because the support character that won the game never did anything but push the towers and help in clutch situations.

Kassious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Kerinith, they already do it based on K/D/A from what I've noticed. I rather like the vote idea.

DavirDavir

09-14-2011

Kerinith is right. A voting system wouldn't work because you can't count on people to vote for someone they actually think deserves it, and a lot of people who've just lost a game would prefer to not vote. Sore losers in particular would not want to vote for the player who shut them down.

Awarding it via stats wouldn't be fair either, as the stats often aren't a good representation of how much someone contributed to the victory. A champion or tower kill could simply be the last hit. An assist could be a very small or a very large percentage of the actual damage. A death could have been a sacrifice to that saved multiple allies. A lot of minion kills could mean early game farming or late-game pushing. Few minion kills could mean you were the jungler. There is no stat for how many times you saved your allies, or provided your team with map awareness. I could go on, but you probably get the point.

danzrig

09-14-2011

also, what if people dont vote, is the ip lost to everyone?

MinusTheBear24

10-08-2011

I LOVE this idea

BzalBot

10-10-2011

It's a good idea i'd personally love to see in the game but unfortunetely lol's community is jsut awful.

It's full of trolls and kiddies who would either not vote at all or vote for the worst player. Their fellow trolls.