Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Finally Shows Real Reason They Banned Mac

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flying Toilet

09-13-2011

The real reason? They just plain don't like Macs. This thread makes it clear enough, check out the red getting in on some of the more heinous Mac bashing. That's the way, ban us all then poke fun at us afterwards. Nice example for the community, it's no wonder everyone feels free to bash Macs. Real classy kicking a person when they're down.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=14322641#post14322641

Quote:
GeneralMills:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0&d=1290812768 (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=82520&d=1290812768)

Elrikh

09-13-2011

So, wait... You think that because he's defending PC's from an attack, that he's anti-mac?

That's kinda pathetic... His points are valid, and anyone who runs a mac cannot deny that. It's very difficult to refute the truth with anything other than blind zealotry.

In short: I run an iMac on OSX as my primary machine. His post is 100% accurate. Macs are overpriced. They are not invincible.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-13-2011

also, even if i usually don't lose an occasion for bashing Riot on their awful handling of the community (in general sense, not just the mac community), Mills isn't necessarily stating Riot's point of view on the matter, but his own.

Flying Toilet

09-13-2011

Quote:
Elrikh:
So, wait... You think he's anti-mac? That's kinda pathetic... Macs are overpriced. They are not invincible.
Who said they're under priced or invincible? I'm just saying a red posts a picture saying DON'T BUY A MAC in huge letters and what are we supposed to think, that's they're pro Mac? Don't you think trolling the grieving Mac forum is kind of ... you know ... that "p" word?

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-13-2011

professional?

edit: yay for downvotes. ill be sure to use [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags next time.

Eleven13

09-13-2011

Umm...that wasn't mac bashing at all. Seems to me like he was simply trying to even the ground between the Mac extremists and the PC extremists.

Alex3omg

09-13-2011

omg a red finally posted about macs when do weget

wait

oh no just engaging in the timeless war of bigotry

pavi132

09-13-2011

Quote:
Elrikh:
So, wait... You think that because he's defending PC's from an attack, that he's anti-mac?

That's kinda pathetic... His points are valid, and anyone who runs a mac cannot deny that. It's very difficult to refute the truth with anything other than blind zealotry.

In short: I run an iMac on OSX as my primary machine. His post is 100% accurate. Macs are overpriced. They are not invincible.

The OP wasn't attacking PC users. He was just stating his opinions. Even if the Red made some points, it would have been better, both for his company and his own sake, if he just ignored the stupid thread in the first place.

Spizeck

09-13-2011

Professionals wouldnt have taken a side between his customers.

Flying Toilet

09-13-2011

Agree with most everything below "pathetic", mostly this was me just poking a little fun at Riot. Of course I don't think this one post/graphic represents the opinions of the whole company (or even the majority, if you walk the Riot hallways you'll see a lot of Macs). Nor is this Red's graphic all that offensive. Yes, they're expensive compared to a $500 Gateway but the old adage about getting what you pay for generally holds true. I mean a $3500 Breitling and a $20 Timex both tell time right, one just does it a little better in many subtle (and some not so subtle) ways? I just feel like the Mac community got a very fast-tracked screwing (when has Riot ever got anything done fast) and it does NOT help to have the screw-ers making fun of the screw-ees after the screw-ing. Salt in the wound, sand in the eyes, kick a man when he's down and all of that stuff. Nothing to get all bent out of shape about.