jungling for the first time any tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

09-13-2011

heres what I think I know. Small golems provide more exp so you get those if you want early level 2 for gank,wraiths give life steal buff,wolves give crit chance buff and blue and red do the obvious. Some junglers need blue buff first to complete their jungle like fiddlesticks and amumu and you can get red buff when you want to gank however jungling in an order of your choice is bad because its usually slower or more dangerous that the well known routes use for each jungler today also different junglers are selected for their merits like strong ganks or the fact that they don't need certain buff and can improve the ap/ad carries laning by giving it to them or even jungling speed.. Not sure if any of that is true I just heard it somewere so plz be nice iv never even attempted to think about jungling other than getting red/blue buff so any tips as to how I can start jungling I want to jungle fiddlesticks currently so that someone will us his ult right for once

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

Wraiths have life steal and wolves have a high crit rate, but they do not give you a buff if you kill them.

If you are under level 30 then jungling with fiddlesticks can be quite risky. You need armor (Or health, but armor is better) to start or you will die. You should get this armor through runes and masteries, not items (cloth armor is often used for many junglers as it will build into Madreds Razor, but it doesn't help much on fiddle). I generally start with an amplifying tome (which i turn into a lucky pick) and a health pot. I generally start on blue buff. Auto-attack once, start draining. When your drain is finished, hit that health pot, auto-attack until drain is ready and then drain. When that drain is finished hit smite. Once you have blue buff you can just spam drain non stop. Good luck.

SeCKS Egai

09-13-2011

First off - please jungle in AI so that you don't become too much of a burden on your team until you've gotten familiar with your routes.

I'm not a fan of Fid in any way, and while he's got great sustain, he tends to kill painfully slow in the jungle for my taste.

As blue is such a common starting position, you'll want at least one other route - experienced players will often attempt an ambush at blue.

Sooner or later, you'll also have to be weary of the counter-jungle.

Ultimately, just get comfortable with at least a primary and secondary route and the rest should fall into place.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2011

basicallu if your learning then use some unfailable jungle champions (like warwick) which cant fail unless your ******ed. warwick can jungle without runes or masteries and nunu can jungle pretty good without runes or masteries. however getting a leash on all jungling champs is essential. (the exception being shaco maybe).

Crimson Corsair

09-13-2011

You also need to mentally prepare yourself for everything that goes wrong to be your fault.

You'll know what I mean after a few games.

Grovel

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Corsair View Post
You also need to mentally prepare yourself for everything that goes wrong to be your fault.

You'll know what I mean after a few games.
This. Might be a good idea to just preemptively ignore everyone on your team.

Even if you don't initiate a gank, at least walk into the bushes near lane and ping a target. If you teammates don't bait, at least you made the effort. Staying in the jungle PVEing to level 8 is going to make your teammates very upset.

Tinýviel

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
This. Might be a good idea to just preemptively ignore everyone on your team.

Even if you don't initiate a gank, at least walk into the bushes near lane and ping a target. If you teammates don't bait, at least you made the effort. Staying in the jungle PVEing to level 8 is going to make your teammates very upset.
this.

some champs can't really gank effectively until 6 but you'll hear endless complaints anyway from people who don't get it.

some can though so you need to know which ones can and at least make the effort to.

also yeah jungle in AI first, im sick of Xin Zhaos's who don't leave the jungle until level 10 if then because they "are practicing" in a real game.

Supern3rd

Angie Varona

09-15-2011

Another great guide to read even though its directed at laners
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=4959

I feel like laners need to read this guide even more. Its so often in PUG games you get the guy 1v2ing top who then starts crying for a gank because he thinks hes too good to hug turret. You have two choices:
Ignore him, or give in to his demands and attempt a gank when he let himself get to 33% hp.

The latter will lead to him QQing a lot as he dies.

Never gank a lane when the players have dangerously low hp or zero mp. Make sure they can contribute. Although scaring people away can be effective, but probably isnt worth it vs a 1v2 lane unless you are both prepared.

Another thing is to tell your teammates you cant gank if they autoattack minions and push the lane past the river (unless you're leesin with flash and the roundhouse ready, or really fed ofc.)