"Dominion will be available shortly after PAX"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rest0

09-12-2011

Riot needs a dictionary to know what 'Shortly' actually means.

UCSC Pew Pew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2011

They will soon

Razz Ako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

Actually, do you know what Shortly/Soon means when it comes from the mouth of a game company?

So much time.

Roadwarrior

09-12-2011

The words shortly and soon are ambiguous words that are subject to interpretation.

SkootyPuffJunior

09-13-2011

you'll be dead shortly and the sun will burn out soon.

Dr Nevermind

09-13-2011

Sorry but you can tell yourself they don't really mean anything all you want but 6 weeks after Pax is not 'soon' or 'shortly'.

CryptRat

09-13-2011

'Soon'/'shortly' could mean any variety of things, especially in software development, especially when you take into account the entire length of time spent on any one project.

Robotick

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptRat View Post
'Soon'/'shortly' could mean any variety of things, especially in software development, especially when you take into account the entire length of time spent on any one project.
In the gaming and technology world, thing tend to go REALLY fast. That's why we assumed that shortly meant 2-3 days, maybe a week.

If you think about it, If i bought a new PC just before PAX, it would be almost outdated today. That was a really long time in the computer world... Riot should have said that their interpretation of shortly was considering the age of the universe instead of using the word as almost everybody expected it to be use.

Chiddaling

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptRat View Post
So what did it mean when Zenon said "Immediately after PAX"?

November Terra

09-13-2011

I'm getting tired of waiting for all the **** coming out this fall/winter. Torchlight 2 pushed back, Diablo 3 comes when hell freezes over. Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Assassin's creed all over a month away. And being very honest here - if Dominion clashes with any of those 5 games, Dominion loses my time. Sure I'll come back and play it after I'm finished with those 5, but it will be a year+ in the future.