Ryze a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

makoxaflopin

09-12-2011

Can you actually build ryze as a beefy caster and a tank? If so how and what items are a must for this?

1 800 SOLO QUEUE

09-12-2011

Ryze has no tank-like abilities. If you built him tanky he would just be a sub par caster that lasts a few seconds longer than most other casters.

ZOMGTURTLE

09-12-2011

Ryze's build nowadays is already pretty beefy, since he scales so much off mana. I believe both Frozen Heart and Banshee's are in his recommended. Before his rework, my brother and I put together a build that was high damage with a Leviathan, and it's still pretty viable now if you're playing Ryze right and not dying. High stacks on that mid-late game makes you a beast, with good damage and great survivability.

DarkVoidMaster

09-12-2011

Since they redid ryze his Abilities scale (better) off how much mana he has. and if u ever looked at tanky items there is alot of them that give mana.

Start the recommend mana item. Rush a Tear. get spell pen boots. then the first part of Frozen heart. Bansheevail and finish Frozen heart. with those items u will have tons of damage when your tear gets stacked. after those basics just build more tank. Thonrmail/Angle/Abyssal Scepter/ect

Hes squishy early game since hes not a tank. but mid/late game u will walk around like a boss. Done it looks of times already. works great!

Cenerae

09-12-2011

Nearly all the high mana items add some sort of tankiness in one way or another.

The only ones that don't are Manamune and AA staff (which is why either upgrade is best left till much, much later). Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart and Banshees will make you pretty sturdy. Add that to the mana you're getting from your Tear and you have tons of mana which means you hit pretty hard. But you're not gonna die when someone sneezes on you, not by a long shot.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

Ryze is already tanky, abnormally tanky for a caster(actually because he is sustained magical dps).

If you do not believe he is tanky enough, get another RoA.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

He simply gets very durable due to the items he builds, see here: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-ryze-guide

Something Snazzy

09-13-2011

His AP ratios aren't great and AA costs a lot. So most Ryze go for tear, sorc boots and then either RoA or glacial/banshee's. Tanky, but not really a tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMGTURTLE View Post
Ryze's build nowadays is already pretty beefy, since he scales so much off mana. I believe both Frozen Heart and Banshee's are in his recommended. Before his rework, my brother and I put together a build that was high damage with a Leviathan, and it's still pretty viable now if you're playing Ryze right and not dying. High stacks on that mid-late game makes you a beast, with good damage and great survivability.
Leviathan is actually an interesting alternative to RoA. RoA slows down Ryze's build so much. Tear is a must and he needs CDR with his passive, so glacial is important. And mr if he's taking a lot of magic damage. Plus he doesn't farm well until he at least has tear. And it is an extra 10 minutes til RoA even maxes out. Sometimes I don't max out RoA even in a 40 minute game.

At the same time, Ryze gets so much armor and mr that even a little life really improves his survivability. Hence leviathan.

Mystfyre

09-13-2011

He isn't a tank because he doesn't initiate very well and he doesn't have any of the so-called "peeler" moves to protect his buddies. He is, however, quite durable once he gets his items (the above posts pretty much cover that though). He makes for a nice late game AP carry and an early game harasser/poker.

BadSushi

09-14-2011

just play nunu....