How to jungle nocturne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jordanmaurice

09-12-2011

Been testing out jungling as nocturne in a couple customs and haven't had too much success, granted, in a real game I'd get a leash for blue, etc, but still, what is the best way?

Way I have been doing it:

Runes
All AS (helps get his passive up faster)
Armor Yellows

Masteries 21/9/0

Items
Cloth Armor 5x health pot

Start at blue, go straight through the jungle.

Spell leveling
W - Q - Q- E - E-R

What should I change to make it go smoother through the jungle?

jordanmaurice

09-12-2011

Anyone help?

Ayus Nova

09-12-2011

idk what most ppl do but this is my way

masteries 21/0/9
item: vamp scepter
start: wolves, wraiths (smite), little golems
back: cloth armor 1 health pot
blue, wolves, wraiths, red, little golems
start with q,w,e,q,q,r
armor pen reds and quints
armor yellow
mr per lvl blues

this is what works for me but do what works best for u

GINnTONIC

09-12-2011

First off that is terrible...

Try this route.

Armor Pen Quints
Armor Pen Marks
Flat Armor Seals
MR / lvl Glyphs

1/8/21 ; picking up smite in offense the + armor and mr in def and 2 pts in the strength of spirit

pick up teh standard 21 in ultity (subsituting one point in move speed for 1 point in greed)

starting item: vamp scepter

Jungle Route:

Wolf -> Warith (Smite the blue one) -> Mini Golem [warning you will get very low at mini golem; so practice this route well, and know what hp you should be at to start each camp]

1st Trip Back (Buy Cloth Armor + 1health pot)

Then go:

Blue Buff -> Wolf -> Wraith -> Red Buff -> Mini Golem

Feel free to break off during the full run if you see a great gank opportunity; however if its not EXTREMELY juicy, its better as noct to power lvl as quick as possible to lvl 6 as your ganks become that much more potent.

Skill order"

QWQEQR after this prioritize R > Q > E > W

Get good at hitting all the creeps in each of the small camps with Q to make this route viable

However, that being said it offers a fast jungle time without having to waste $ on the 5x health pots.

AVHero

09-12-2011

Runes you need Armor pen for red for sure. Armor for yellow. Blue can be whatever, and quint should be health or armor pen.

Start with cloth and 5 health pots. Start wolves, then wraiths, smiting the big one, and popping a pot, then golems, popping a pot before and after the fight. Then go do blue, again popping a pot. If done right you should have another pot, and should be able to do wolves, wraiths, and golems a second time before you have to go back.

Verx Interis

09-12-2011

My route probably isn't 100% optimal, but its a compromise between my playstyle, early advantage against champions, and decent jungle. It's similar to stonewall's route (I think)

15/0/15 masteries (get attack speed and armor pen in offense, utility up to movesped)

Reds: Armor pen
Yellows: Armor
Blues: Attack Speed
Quints: 2 Attack Speed, 1 Movespeed

Spell order: Q-W-Q-E (you can get E at level 3 if there's a gank opportunity, but it will slow you down)

You can either go cloth+HP pots or vamp scepter. The former is more specific and I've found better for early ganks, but the latter gets you to your sustainable jungling faster and can get you level 6 faster. Cloth+pots is also more forgiving if you mess up, get counterjungled, or have something else interrupt your early route.

If you go cloth armor, start at mini golems, using smite on one. Clear the wraiths, wolves, and blue. If there's no gank available, go back to the mini golems (they should respawn about when you get there), then clear the wraiths and wolves again (should also respawn as you get to the camp). Go back, get a vamp scepter and then whatever you like (assuming you know how to build noct). Go get red buff and look for a gank. From here with vamp/cloth you can jungle more or less forever.

If you go vamp scepter, start at wolves. Kill the wraiths, smiting the blue one AFTER you hit it with your passive. This will level you up, so be sure to get the point in your W while killing the small wraiths. Kill the mini golems, then go back and get a cloth armor and some potions. Get blue buff. Jungle as you want from here, but gank any time you see a chance, especially if you have red.

LegiticusMaximus

09-12-2011

I haven't really jungled with Nocturne (I hardly ever play him) too much, even though I could now that I finally have a full set of armor pen reds and quints, but if you are starting at blue you might consider trying for 25 armor penetration from your runes. Stonewall008 uses the same route you do sometimes, but he goes
1. smite the big wraith.
2. kill the wolves.
3. kill the little wraiths.
4. kill the mini golemns.
5. go back and buy armor (or maybe boots; I'm not really sure).
6. go kill the big stuff.

marker4022

09-12-2011

I usually go 21/0/9
armor pen red
armor yellow
atk speed blue
armor pen quints (i only have 1 armor pen and other 2 health i don't like spending my ip on runes though )

I do a regular route blue to double golems but i always have to base at the end if i didn't get a good leash
Base buy boots and gank

skill order is Q-W-Q(or E if i'm gonna gank after i hit 3) Max Duskbringer 1st

stormcrow5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

1. go to youtube
2. Search stonewall jungle (champ name)
3. Profit

Systems Admin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanmaurice View Post
Runes
All AS (helps get his passive up faster)
Armor Yellows
You're thinking of his old passive, if you read is current passive he gets it every 10 seconds, not every x amount of hits. So AS is generally useless when you could get armor pen/armor/MR runes.