Amumu the Sad Mummy's Happy Jungle Friend Time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveBuzz

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
Probably yes, you will just be a bit slower until you can get your hands on the golem rune (mana regen / -25% cooldown)
It could be anywhere from a bit slower to not even worth bothering. I used to creep golem at level 1 by luring him out ever so slightly so that my tantrum wouldn't hit the little lizards and their weak hits would cool tantrum down way fast, but I don't know if this will even be enough to kill the golem anymore. I'm considering looking at despair for first skill (or maybe I'll have to go back to using smite instead of heal).

Regarding the item build:

My rune setup is fortitude quints (hp) with the rest resilence (armor); doran's shield goes nicely with this because you can take 1 hp pot, get over half the regen of a pendant, and add another 9 armor and 130 hp ontop of that - basically, your early game armor is so high that nothing by rune creeps do any damage, so with the bit of regen and solid starting hp, you are very hard to kill.

Having such high starting armor is one reason I don't like ninja tabi on Amu. In addition, early game, you don't want to be dodging creep/minion attacks, because they cool down tantrum much faster, which is your main source of damage. A lot of early-game ganks involve you diving into minions, so not dodging any of their attacks is a plus.

On top of that, it's not physical damage that is a threat to you early game anyway - it's magic damage, which is why I use mercury treads as my boots; add this to an early Chalice (which is very important) and you have a ton MR ontop of your huge armor and already high hp.

Getting so much MR early means you can also go right to 2 sunfires without worrying about being overly vulnerable to casters. When late game finally rolls around, when the dodge off of tabi might be more useful than a faster tantrum cooldown, you will have 250+ armor with 3K+ life (with only 2 sunfires), meaning you won't be missing the dodge much at all. Finish off with Banshee's Veil, Force of Nature, another Sunfire, or Abyssal Scepter, depending on if they whether they have a lot of stun, lots of AoE, lots of physical, or you have a lot of caster allies.

PiousFlea

The Council

09-18-2009

AP is pretty much unnecessary for Amumu. Your AP coefficients are fairly low on most spells. You will deal more damage by purely stacking survivability, then you'll last longer to slowly drain people's HP with despair and sunfires.

I am a fan of mercury's treads on Amumu. When you stack sunfires (and Amumu always stacks sunfires) you end up with huge armor and HP but really poor spell resist, which can be a liability against Fiddlesticks and Cryo types. Merc's helps to fill in that hole.

Koreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2009

I tested this guide as written and it went well, 10-0-16, although it was a practice game. I used heal and teleport. Chose heal for late game help to allies, and teleport for the ability to fill in on lanes for someone who died or needed to buy. I was scared at first that I wasn't going to be able to take the golem, now after reading that some people pull him away from his creeps, I may try that next time, in order to reduce the CD on my tantrum. Also, I agree with the discussion of mercury treads, I don't think the small bit of AP from sorc boots helped that much, most of my damage came from my ability to spam attacks without worrying about cooldowns or mana.

I did hear that they were going to make sunfires a unique item, is anyone worried about that? I think that running other +armor +hp items will work out just as well, since they should increase your survivability substantially (not that it isn't already really high).

Anyway, great guide, thanks for sharing it.

Super Friends

10-24-2009

Uhm starting with the golum doesn't work for me....

Brain

10-24-2009

Yeah, I think with no runes it makes it pretty difficult to do golem at the beginning, if impossible. I just lane for a bit, then at like level 3-4 i go grab him.

sephofdeath

10-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBuzz View Post
Having such high starting armor is one reason I don't like ninja tabi on Amu. In addition, early game, you don't want to be dodging creep/minion attacks, because they cool down tantrum much faster, which is your main source of damage. A lot of early-game ganks involve you diving into minions, so not dodging any of their attacks is a plus.
dodged attacks still proc the tantrum cd effect.

GingerGiant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2009

Let me be the first to say that YOU NEED RUNES to kill the golem effectively. I stacked all armor runes, and it works well. Otherwise, this strategy is awesome. I use it all the time. However, I usually switch out Rod of Ages for Abyssal Scepter, to round out my defense, and it powers up the sunfire cloaks.

MajorChipHazzard

11-22-2009

Any tips on jungling with Amumu?

Currently i'm using a full page of tier 3 armor ruens and if I go regrowth pendant and don't score a crit I die to the golem. So instead I've been starting with cloth armor and 5 health potions. This seems to work okay, but I have troubles killing any neutral camps after the golem without having to go back to base.

Any tips?

Hauteclere

11-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorChipHazzard View Post
Any tips on jungling with Amumu?

Currently i'm using a full page of tier 3 armor ruens and if I go regrowth pendant and don't score a crit I die to the golem. So instead I've been starting with cloth armor and 5 health potions. This seems to work okay, but I have troubles killing any neutral camps after the golem without having to go back to base.

Any tips?
I have the same problem. Some help plis?

MajorChipHazzard

11-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauteclere View Post
I have the same problem. Some help plis?
With some experimentation my current strategy is:

Buy regrowth and have your team kill lizard->dragon for level 2. This should allow you to jungle with relative ease. Skip ancient golem camps until level 3-4 at least since the amount of damage they're going to do will slow your jungling down.

Buy cloth armor+pots and solo the golem if your team won't do this. Try to get 1 guy to help, but walk out of exp range before it dies. Explain that getting the full exp is necessary to your success jungling.

Taking heal/smite makes this way more doable but I really like being able to take flash or something else instead of heal.