Amumu the Sad Mummy's Happy Jungle Friend Time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krith

Member

09-16-2009

Very nice guide. I was actually just in the process in testing an amumu jungle build that last couple days, but a busy life slowed me down.
Sunfire capes is the way to go. I tried getting Chalice for mana regen. Its pretty cheap at 890 and does really well. If I toggled Despair off when I wasnt around anyone, and turned it on when I was, I kept my mana and nearly max all game (unless there was a long team battle)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CF Furyan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
The damage from sorc boots is negligible at best more or less, and you dont need that little boost of damage because tantrum recharches so fast, the only reason it would be useful to have sorc boots is if the spell damage was the difference between 1 less spell to get a kill, if not, its negligible and pretty much unnecessary ~~~imho

if i wasnt nimbleness, i would take swiftness, to keep up with people for sunfire/despair burndowns
Tantrum doesn't recharge extremely fast ALL of the time, but I see your point. Now don't get me wrong, in more cases then not, tantrum is more spammable then barrens chat, but the extra dmg can prove to be useful. Like I said previously, to each his own. If I was chasing someone, if sticky bandages was up I'd use that for the finisher, or to catch up, but all three items, Ninja, Sorc, and Swift are all three usable and have their own advantages, but some are more beneficial with certain rune/mastery builds. imo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

Senior Member

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
Tantrum doesn't recharge extremely fast ALL of the time, but I see your point. Now don't get me wrong, in more cases then not, tantrum is more spammable then barrens chat, but the extra dmg can prove to be useful. Like I said previously, to each his own. If I was chasing someone, if sticky bandages was up I'd use that for the finisher, or to catch up, but all three items, Ninja, Sorc, and Swift are all three usable and have their own advantages, but some are more beneficial with certain rune/mastery builds. imo.

Yeah, i can agree to that =P (to the end part)

But i will still never buy sorc boots on mumu even if i wasnt nimble hehe


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddiz

Senior Member

09-16-2009

Love this style of writing guides, make it interesting to read. Very nice, can't wait to try it out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoLPuck

Junior Member

09-16-2009

Dodging an attack does seem to recharge Tantrum even though you did not take damage. If it truly does not, then dodge may not be the best thing. I have only played a similar jungle spec a few times, and what I found was Chalice needs to be the first item.

Bandage toss by level 5 will enable you to gank easily at level 6. Smite is good, but not necessary. I would rather have Flash and Ghost because it's all about staying close enough to the enemy to get your AOE damage on them.

All of Amumu skills use AP. Any item that adds HP/armor and AP together are safe. Building items to your playing style is probably the best thing. Never will there be one playing style is always best so items, skills, masteries, runes, and summoner abilities should be well rounded to enable you to switch between farming, ganking, and pushing while playing to your strengths and the other team's weaknesses.

I personally think AP stacking would be great vs champions. Ancient Rod (maybe 2) and the item that reduces enemy AP protection. His attack also reduces AP protection compounding is potency.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerdrage

Senior Member

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLPuck View Post
Dodging an attack does seem to recharge Tantrum even though you did not take damage. If it truly does not, then dodge may not be the best thing. I have only played a similar jungle spec a few times, and what I found was Chalice needs to be the first item.

Bandage toss by level 5 will enable you to gank easily at level 6. Smite is good, but not necessary. I would rather have Flash and Ghost because it's all about staying close enough to the enemy to get your AOE damage on them.

All of Amumu skills use AP. Any item that adds HP/armor and AP together are safe. Building items to your playing style is probably the best thing. Never will there be one playing style is always best so items, skills, masteries, runes, and summoner abilities should be well rounded to enable you to switch between farming, ganking, and pushing while playing to your strengths and the other team's weaknesses.

I personally think AP stacking would be great vs champions. Ancient Rod (maybe 2) and the item that reduces enemy AP protection. His attack also reduces AP protection compounding is potency.
I've never gotten a chalice. Never ran out of mana. I hardly find it effective at all, when you will have the golem buff 90% of the time, if you don't then you're not doing it right. But, if you don't plan on killing the golems every time your buff goes away, then a Chalice could be good for you.

I save bandage toss for 7, because at 6 I go solo the dragon. Kill a couple more creeps and I'm 7 anyways. Flash/Ghost work, but are not effective for jungling at all. You're better off laning than jungling with those two.

All your points are very valid, however this guide is about a build that focuses on jungling. There are all other kinds of ways to play amumu, like AP stacking, or other tank builds.

A well rounded build like you're saying is also a good one, however this is not one of them. This is very focused on being a complete ******bag AoE *****, while jungling to maximize your xp, your teams xp, and ganking so your team can push, or recover from being pushed.

But I agree heavily, there is no single best way to play Amumu. This is just my favourite as it suits my playstyle of AoEing instead of having to make up my mind on a target. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hmmer94

Member

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdrage View Post
I've never gotten a chalice. Never ran out of mana. I hardly find it effective at all, when you will have the golem buff 90% of the time, if you don't then you're not doing it right. But, if you don't plan on killing the golems every time your buff goes away, then a Chalice could be good for you.

I save bandage toss for 7, because at 6 I go solo the dragon. Kill a couple more creeps and I'm 7 anyways. Flash/Ghost work, but are not effective for jungling at all. You're better off laning than jungling with those two.

All your points are very valid, however this guide is about a build that focuses on jungling. There are all other kinds of ways to play amumu, like AP stacking, or other tank builds.

A well rounded build like you're saying is also a good one, however this is not one of them. This is very focused on being a complete ******bag AoE *****, while jungling to maximize your xp, your teams xp, and ganking so your team can push, or recover from being pushed.

But I agree heavily, there is no single best way to play Amumu. This is just my favourite as it suits my playstyle of AoEing instead of having to make up my mind on a target. :P
There are other ways of playing amumu to great sucess but in 3v3 match


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

Senior Member

09-18-2009

Here's a thought for you guys, since the recent nerf on Amumu's Tantrum (CD from 2 to 1 per enemy hit), is it still viable for jungling?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

Senior Member

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post
Here's a thought for you guys, since the recent nerf on Amumu's Tantrum (CD from 2 to 1 per enemy hit), is it still viable for jungling?
Probably yes, you will just be a bit slower until you can get your hands on the golem rune (mana regen / -25% cooldown)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerdrage

Senior Member

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post
Here's a thought for you guys, since the recent nerf on Amumu's Tantrum (CD from 2 to 1 per enemy hit), is it still viable for jungling?
Haven't taken the opportunity to test it yet, however you should still be great for jungling.

However with the change, I might rearrange the order in which skills are prioritized, because you'll be wanting to level tantrum even faster and this build puts some extra points of despair in place of tantrum to solo the dragon at 6 when you may need to postpone that another level with the change.

Of course, I need to go test this first, I spent the games I got to play testing out the new heroes, and how badass they are.

After some work on item builds I might throw up the way I've been doing Katarina as well after testing and adjusting this build for Amumu. xD