Help with Udyr jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seoirse

06-18-2011

I need help on Udyr jungling. Some people say go cloth armor and 5 health pots, some others go with a dorans ring. I don't really know how to do it effectively, so please give me some advice.

michelada

06-19-2011

armor +5 pots

zxlkcf

06-19-2011

Dorans Ring?

Wtf?

Seoirse

06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemRainbows View Post
Dorans Ring?

Wtf?
Some people say that to boost your turtle stance. I haven't tried it but..

Greyfeld

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2011

The AP ratio on turtle is too low to be buggered with the 15 AP you get from Doran's Ring.

I start with Longsword and 1 HP pot. I kill double golems first, then I blue pill, buy 3 hp pots and 1 mana pot, then go do blue golem. It's a bit slower than starting at blue, but it keeps you from getting ganked at level 1. Though you have to make sure the other team doesn't take your blue before you get there.

Kuryaka

06-19-2011

I start with cloth + 5, and run PHOENIX.
Duals -> Wraiths -> Wolves -> Blue -> Golems/go back/red.

AS runes for more Phoenix procs.

The general rule for normal camps is Phoenix until proc, turtle and let Udyr autoattack everything.

I tried it with Utility masteries (Offense is much better - more AS. More damage. More healz) and I can get to Red. Then it's a very close kill.

Hwa Ryun

06-19-2011

Don't play udyr?

Now in all seriousness, cloth+pots are the way to go. For what I understand phoenix stance is also the way to go. Not much experience with him. =/

Inklay

06-19-2011

I buy cloth armor, 2 Health, 2 Mana. And I take heal with smite. But I get blue first which makes the rest of the way cake. And yeah, I go with phoenix and turtle.

Belbin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2011

Cloth armor and 5 health pots for sure. Never heard Doran's Ring, but it's a bad idea.

I run 0/21/9 masteries and as of recently, jungle with phoenix stance. For runes, I put reds and quints to attack speed to proc more flames and just do more damage overall through the whole match, then armor yellows and magic resist blues.

I suggest if you do jungle with phoenix, only to put up to three points in it. With three points you can clear camps quickly as well as minion waves, and save the extra two levels for increasing Tiger Stance as it scales better and is much better for fighting the enemy champions.