Highest possible Attack Speed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tC Paulie

05-26-2010

What combination of weapons can I use to get the highest possible attack speed? I've gotten mine up to 2.25 at some point, but I think it can go higher than that.

JunKx

05-26-2010

2.5 is max. i've gotten max attack speed with a tryndamere with zerker greaves, 2x phantom dancer, and last whisper i think is all it took.

but ya attack speed is pointless unless you have damage

Krosan

05-26-2010

As I understand it, trying to itemize for 2.5 attack speed (the hard cap) is pretty much pointless. By pushing for that much AS, you neuter your damage options.

It MIGHT be possible if your hero has a really good steroid skill for attack speed. It used to be easy, because the steroid skills would, for the most part, multiply the item bonus... but now it just adds.

Generally you only need one good AS item, and after that should be going for damage and crit.

JunKx

05-26-2010

ya 2 great items are last whisper obviously, great attack speed boost plus massive DPS boost with armor pen and damage. another is youmuu's ghostblade. decent damage decent crit and a great attack speed boost active which can happen once a minute (more than enough)

Carados

05-26-2010

Easiest way to get 2.5 attacks per second is play Twitch, get a last Whisper. Tadah, you're capped.

AtIas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

Fill your rune book with Tier 3 attack speed runes get 38% attack speed and use the Tier 2 Offense mastery for attack speed, and start rounds with .95+ AS. Then get some Recurve bow mixtures until it's 2.5. Tadah, as a DPS player (Twitch) I get my base AS to about 1.7 and let Ambush/Spray & Pray do the rest, the other item slots are for surviving...cause that's awesome too.

I actually have 26% AS in my rune book and the Offensive Mastery for AS. I honestly just suggest getting 2 Attacks per second then getting damage and survivability.

Carados

05-26-2010

Uhh, dude. You're building attack speed past 40% on Twitch. That's a terrible idea.

4inchesoffury

05-27-2010

malady madrids trinity force zerker greaves rageblade gets my TF to 2.5 and then finish it off with black cleaver should be just fine but tf is one of those few heroes where max attack speed is rape with =p

Tolfor

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx View Post
but ya attack speed is pointless unless you have damage
You're gonna have to explain this one to me. If I'm doing 50 damage per hit and I hit once per second, I'm dealing 50 damage per second with my autoattack. If I'm attacking 2.5 times per second, then I'm dealing 125 damage per second. It an effective damage increase.

Higher attack speed also means more chances to get your hits through to an enemy with a high dodge build (Jax comes to mind), and also faster application of stacking on-hit effects such as those produced by Malady, Wit's End or The Black Cleaver, which is something that an equivalent amount of attack power would not compensate for.

For sure, building up attack speed is much more powerful if you're building your attack power alongside it, but the attack speed is hardly "pointless" on its own.

Carados

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
You're gonna have to explain this one to me. If I'm doing 50 damage per hit and I hit once per second, I'm dealing 50 damage per second with my autoattack. If I'm attacking 2.5 times per second, then I'm dealing 125 damage per second. It an effective damage increase.
You won't often have the chance to stand still and auto-attack, especially while harassing and chasing, and most carries have abilities which scale better with crit or with damage.

And attack speed itemization is pretty **** after Rageblade and Last Whisper.