being bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ripplez

05-25-2010

hi ive been playing lol sine january and for reasons i cant say here, i made a new acount and started again with new friends and people. i was in a low elo before but now with a new account im in an even lower elo due to level (im level 10 now but this has been since level 1) and im doing even worse and getting stomped on even more

i know sometimes i overextend and sometimes i go too far or towerdive ina stupid way or go too early into a team fight or do things that are bad. but i keep forgetting to stop doing them or i keep forgetting to think and i do stupid things on autopilot and i keep dying and feeding. i dont want to feed but it keeps happening and i dont know what to do, i know some of the problems but i keep making the same mistakes over and over even when i start the game saying i wont do it i mustnt do it

some times now i just cant play, i feel like wanting to play and spend time with friends but then the loading screen is over and i know im just going to feed again. sometimes i just stop doing anything and stare at the screen because im scared to move or click or do anything because ill just make a mistake and feed. if not now then soon, soon ill make a stupid mistake and everyone laughs or curses me and the team loses. so many times i reach 0/3/0 or 0/3/1 or something like that and then recall to base and jst stand there wathing the screen because i dont deserve to play and let other people do badly because im so stupid and the team has a better chance playing 4v5 than if i play. but later i do want to play and i try harder but then again im stupid and feed and be bad

i dont know what to do i want to play but evrytime i play i remember how worthless i am to the team and my friends. id like some help please, i know some of my problems but i cant seem to stop doing them again and again and again

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

I think this is more psychological then related to lack of skill or anything. you should try to keep it cool - play a few practice game to chill you up. I do that when i'm to stressed to normal with a team or i just want to play a champion that I'm not confident with.

If you know your mistakes, then - well, u should just try to avoid them. If you get too deepn into the game and know that you're doing stupid things, but continue to do so - here's what you do. Grab a bag of chips, or something similar, put it next to you. If you die, close your eyes, eat a few chips/snacks/drink beer/cola and then say to yourself that you'll do better.

What is very important is accepting that the situation has changed. I've seen a lot of people die early game because of a small mistake, and then they want to fic it. They say that they won't make it twice, but they forget that having already made it, if they play the same way and just not make the mistake, they'll die again. because the enemy now has the gold/level advantage. So if you die and want to correct - first accept that this is a different scenario now. Not making the same mistake won't be enough. So adapt your tactics.

And if you're unsure - don't play ultra agresively, try to stay safe. Whenever you feel u made a mistake - grab some chips, forget what happened and try to re-evaluate the situation. Chnage your play style accordingly. Even if you feel behind on gold/levels, you can go kill some neutrals and stick with a good player to help insure his kills and get assists. Also assists will help you get out of the dump better than just neutrals. prioritize staying with your team.

If you're playing with friends on voice chat, and u feel worthless - use yourself as bait. Have your friends wait in bush why the enemy gets overconfident by your bad score. Then laugh in their face ^^ Even if you die - if that's an exchange 1 for 3, it's still very much worth it.

Vydel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

Ok, first, relax... I see you play a few squishy champs. Try playing a tank (Rammus) and buy HP items... also take heal as one of your summoner spells. As a tank your job IS to run and take all the damage. But you also have to learn to not run into 2 or more champs by yourself. If your team is with you then you turn on powerball and roll right into the enemy and try and hit as many as you can to 'initiate' a team fight. Try Rammus out, if you dont have the IP to buy him yet, play some practice games. You can set them up with bot champs on very easy difficulty and gain some IP and you wont be "ruining" the games of friends.

R66Y

05-25-2010

1) Hug your tower. This will generally prevent you from feeding early on.
2) Follow you lane partners lead. Don't try to initiate ganks or kills until your partner commits (but don't leave your partner out to dry either). This will prevent most over-extension and 2v1 scenarios
3) Take more defensive summoner spells (cleanse, ghost/flash) and use them. Try to rely on them less and less as you improve, but these saved me a lot when I was starting out.
4) Do a bit of jungling if you fall behind a bit. If ou partner can solo the lane for a few minutes, you can jungle up some gold and XP while he outlevels the opponents in a 2v1 lane. You probably won't catch up, but it can help offset a couple of early deaths.
5) Play characters with higher survivability until you feel improved enough to go back to squishies
6) Play characters that require a more conservative playstyle if you are being over aggressive.

0/3/0 is a bad start, but unless you manage to give that up well before the laning phase nds I wouldn't consider it feeding (to my mind, feeding is giving up enough kills to one champ resulting in a nearly insurmountable challenge for you team, 3 early game kills is big, but hardly a done deal). Heck, if all you did for the laning phase is hang back, soak XP, and call MIAs, you'd be better than half the mid Elo players.

At the end of the day, it just sounds like you need to focus more on staying alive than getting kills (and honestly, this is probably the biggest thing most new players / low Elo players need to do). Once you have learned to stay alive, THEN start focusing on getting kills (or better yet, knocking down towers/inhibs/nexus).

Darleena

05-25-2010

I know how you feel. It sometimes seems that no matter what I do, I just end up feeding people. I think it's part of a balance issue with the game, but sometimes it has absolutely nothing to do with how I play, but how my team mates are playing.

There are several things I would do, mentally, to help me out.

1) Take breaks. I can't emphasis this enough. There are people who get angry and upset at other people for whatever reason, and they in turn are going to make you upset and angry. You can /ignore them, but it still doesn't help when you know you are doing your best. Take a break, after your match is up, relax, and do something else for a while. You can't let other people get to you. Remind yourself that it's only a game.

2) Find your strong point. What do you like best? Is it dealing damage? Is it helping push the lane? Is it healing your team mates? Is it jungling monsters? Find the thing that you like best, and focus on it. Become better at it, through hard practice. If you know how to play your game, let everyone else sort out what their game is about. When you find that one character that does everything that you like about the game, save up, and buy that character! That way, no matter how bad things may get, you have your favorite, and you can have fun despite what else goes on.

3) Don't listen to other people during the game. Seriously. They don't have all the information. They can't know what is happening on your side of the field, and often, the most noisy ones are the ones that aren't doing anything to help your side win, anyway. Just because they are having a bad game, doesn't mean that you are the cause of it.

I get frustrated too. I'm such a NOOB, but I handle it by being casual about the game, and finding the place that I love about it, and sticking to it.

DayInTheSun

05-25-2010

Nobody can do anything here for you. If you know you're making mistakes you just have to learn to make a mental note and correct.

That and play with confidence. If you go in thinking you're going to feed, you will or you will just be a detriment to your team from being overly passive..