summoner spells for taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlazmaSugar

09-08-2011

generally speaking i like a nice Heal+clarity but is there a batter setup out there?

Azellos

09-08-2011

i dont run heal even on supports, it's not THAT great of a summoner spell. Especially if you already have a support champion for that cause. Clairvoyance is the best support summoner spell, clarity is nice but you could replace it with ghost/flash and do fine.

Fatkid55

09-08-2011

Clairvoyance/Flash for a support taric or Clarity/Flash for ap taric

Jairoe

09-08-2011

always CV on any support. That vision is crucial for your team in many situations. I cannot count how many times I utilize it to expose people in bushes while they are running from a gank, or trying to gank or stealing jungle etc.

Flash is usually the other one for obvious reasons. There isn't really much that can imitate the versatility and usefulness of Flash save for a few champion spells that near imitate its effect. Flash usually runs a bit farther in terms of distance though over those other spells. In PvP positioning is everything and Flash helps you manuever yourself during team fights into and out of combat in an instant. Ghost cannot even compare to that since you can still be slowed, snared and otherwise killed by the time you reach that sought after position, Flash gets you there instantly.

Foodhi

09-08-2011

it depends on your playstyle and your level of play. For example, in high elo games, all supports get Clairvoyance. In low elo games, you never see anyone take that spell because even if you use it, your team is typically not organized enough to take action.

If heal/clarity work for you I suggest you stick with it until you see a need to use other spells. High elo strategy is not always the best strategy at low elo.

Sephon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodhi View Post
it depends on your playstyle and your level of play. For example, in high elo games, all supports get Clairvoyance. In low elo games, you never see anyone take that spell because even if you use it, your team is typically not organized enough to take action.

If heal/clarity work for you I suggest you stick with it until you see a need to use other spells. High elo strategy is not always the best strategy at low elo.
While true, heal can generally be dropped across the board, especially on taric who already dose self + 1 healing.

Clairvoyance is also a spell that needs practice, I am not that high of elo but I will use it with Taric because I need to get better with it, you dont become a master of knowing where to look overnight.

Right now I personally run Clarity and Clairvoyance as I spam a bit too much and need the mana source, as soon as I fix that flash replaces Clarity.

AzN1010

09-14-2011

I've played Taric with an aura build for a long time. At first I used Clarity and Ghost. Clarity helped make up for mana usage and, combined with the mastery buff, allowed me to support my team with mana replenishment and more heals. And Ghost (or Flash, if you prefer) helps for pursuing or escaping, depending on the situation.

Now when I hit lvl 20, I dropped Clarity and picked up Clairvoyance. Mana was no longer an issue because you could have plenty of mana regen with his passive, tier 3 runes, and mana regen items (Chalice of Harmony, Philosopher's Stone, etc.)

It took me awhile to get the hang of CV, but it proves to be invaluable in-game and your team will be glad that you have it.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Ghost/Flash & Clairvoyance.

You can build items if you have mana problems, but you cant build an item that gives you free map vision ANYWHERE at ANYTIME. see here: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-taric-guide