Temporary reprieve for mac client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wcarl210

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRozzer View Post
Hi mac user, its not working for mac anymore.
Transgameing C Runtime Library

{'/string:s.c' (700}::mbstowcs_s():error->invalid parameter! {expression = 'invalid MBS character'}

you guys have to wait couple of weeks to work
lmao ur a little late on that no kidding it isn't working at the moment. multiple people are looking for a weeks and it will prob be a couple days to a week.. not a couple of weeks lol lol. go read through the 100 of pages on the other forum not this one

rizagotowned

11-02-2011

Boompje's new fix works for this version too. Just curious, what's the actual difference between Boompje's and this one?

Ediwir

Wrenchman

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizagotowned View Post
Boompje's new fix works for this version too. Just curious, what's the actual difference between Boompje's and this one?
let's see:
-the wrapper is completely remade (basically the engine that lets LoL work on mac)
-fixes to several bugs and glitches are already included (so that you don't need to post for solutions if, for example, your loading screen freezes on black. it just won't happen)
-installer modified so that it creates its own path (no overlapping with riot client, allows easy patching from us)
-new icon 'cause people were asking how to tell the difference
-"temporary fix" changed with "permanent fix" (edited version of the .exe instead of the old .exe)
-something else i can't completely remember about the .DLLs and the wrapper translating to winXP instead of win95.
-adobe AIR auto-updater.

mainly, it was made so that we could include the bugfixes in the installation, and to create a "standard" base for us. clients were starting to become more and more customized, and it was almost impossible to help someone without knowing what he did to his client. the core mechanic is the same, therefore most fixes are perfectly compatible.

Eyuhn

11-03-2011

Someone mind throwing a url up here for Boompje's fix? There's at least a half dozen links at different locations for torrents and I'm a bit skeptical.

That and this guy says apparently there's a new fix that works:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1441877

Goopta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Used to have the LoL mac client, had to repair it and used this plus the new shyvanna fix, but now what happens is that after I hit play on the launcher, nothing happens, any idea on how to fix this/what could be wrong?

Ediwir

Wrenchman

11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyuhn View Post
Someone mind throwing a url up here for Boompje's fix? There's at least a half dozen links at different locations for torrents and I'm a bit skeptical.

That and this guy says apparently there's a new fix that works:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1441877
just go to the site and don't trust random links :P

www.boompje.net

(note: fix works for riot's and phynn's distributions too, but you'll need to follow the manual instructions included. no easy drag&drop)

Da illest G

11-13-2011

does this still work?

Ediwir

Wrenchman

11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn755 View Post
does this still work?
not indipendently. your best bet is downloading directly our most updated client on www.boompje.net. otherwise, you'll need to download this fix, then another fix, then several other slight improvement, then come back for bugfixes, and still have less performance.
why complicating your life? it's a mac. it's easy.

6zomGmoz9

12-01-2011

instead of saying 0.0.0.30/33 it says like on top. Kinda want a reply fast so i can play over the weekend.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6zomGmoz9 View Post
instead of saying 0.0.0.30/33 it says like on top. Kinda want a reply fast so i can play over the weekend.
fastest possible reply:

www.boompje.net

play today.