Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@RIOT-Mac Client abandoned? Unacceptable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TardKrunch

09-08-2011

My girlfriend, a Mac user, just tried to log into LoL only to receive a message telling her that the League of Legends client for Mac has been disabled and will remain so until further notice. My only question is "Why Riot?" Because of this I can no longer play with my girlfriend. As a company who has time and time again reiterated how focused it is on community and bringing players together I, not to mention Mac players everywhere, expect a much greater effort from Riot and am thoroughly disappointed.

I can even recall the contest winner from the "Win a Trip to Dreamhack" video contest: A video from a summoner expressing how much LoL means to him because of being able to play with his family, friends and girlfriend. Well let's hope he or anyone else he plays with doesn't play on a Mac or else they just got the biggest slap in the face they could get from a company they supported. I personally am considering quitting League of Legends and Riot altogether. Why not abandon a company who has abandoned an entire demographic of their playerbase?

I know most players play on a PC and this doesn't affect them, but the principle of what Riot is doing is still wrong nonetheless. Riot, if you are actively working on getting Mac users back online as soon as possible...work harder. This should have never happened. If there was a problem with the client, that problem should have been addressed and fixed long ago. Your players do not deserve this.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Disappointed

inb4 you dont has girlfriend. This is serious guys. Super serial...

band of brewskis

09-08-2011

Stopped reading @ girlfriend. you don't have a girlfriend...c'mon..

lLeggy

09-08-2011

Download Windows on her Mac simple as that.

Hal Jordan

09-08-2011

hi there i am this program called bootcamp

nvmvoidrays

09-08-2011

boot camp.

also, you poor sod, you.

http://macromeme.com/dog/why-not-to-buy-mac.html

LieutenantShiny

09-08-2011

You're an idiot.

You want Riot to fight a lost battle just because your dinky girlfriend is too stupid to get bootcamp? What is this, the peace core?

edit : corps* phone auto correct

KingJayson

09-08-2011

Yes can Riot try to come up with a quick fix for the mac client?

TardKrunch

09-08-2011

Quote:
LieutenantShiny:
You're an idiot.

You want Riot to fight a lost battle just because your dinky girlfriend is too stupid to get bootcamp? What is this, the peace core?

A core of peace? What is this I don't even....

WeedWizardVictor

09-08-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1189253

SleepDealer

Senior Recruiter

09-08-2011

Severely overpay for a computer and then whine when you can't play a free game. Silly mac users.