Minion experience per kill?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anivian

05-24-2010

I'm experimenting a build going full exp quints, mastery and had a Zil on my team. I didn't feel much of a boost (+19% total), but I did get a straight 7/0/x KDA and helped win the match.

My teammates were asking if the quints did me any good, but one game isn't enough data to say. Overall, I'm unsure what the minions normally give in terms of exp, but I figure it scales with level/time.

Anyone knows what to normally expect in terms of exp from the three types of minions?

For simplicity, assume 1v1, as I usually midlane solo.

Edit: Results

My boost was +11% exp, while Choudenjibou was 0%.

1. Bonus exp is calculated POST-display value. For example, if on a minion kill, it says you've gained 42 exp, your exp meter will actually increase by (42 * % exp boost).

2. We laned together to test the level advantage. The level advantage is generally insignificant when NOT JUNGLING. I would level before Choudenjibou, but the time gap between when he would level after was around 15-25ish seconds. Note that this does not factor in any exp denial through overly aggressive play. We were always within 0-1 levels of each other.

3. Turrets do not count as a third person, and therefore does not decrease exp value if a turret should kill a minion.

4. Last hits do not affect exp gain.

Conclusion: Unless you're jungling, don't bother with exp boosts or masteries.

Thanks to Choudenjibou for spending two sessions with me to clarify this.

Choudenjibou

05-24-2010

I'm doing a test right now with no masteries or runes as gangplank. I'll edit with the results, I'm planning on not hitting a single minion in this test.

My base numbers were
64 from melee
32 from ranged
100 from cannon

sainthero

05-24-2010

If you can last hit well, you will be way ahead against your enemy in levels and gold too.

Atrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

On Summoner's Rift -
Melee minions are 64 exp +5 every 3 minutes
Ranged minions are 32 exp +3 every 3 minutes
Rider minions are 100 exp +7 every 3 minutes

3 minutes starts when the game starts (not when they spawn) and minions only get the boost if they spawn after the timer. Waves spawn every 30 secs.

Callias

05-24-2010

Extra exp if you kill them?

Kaedan

05-24-2010

Yes, I have noticed more exp from 'last hit' minions than minions killed by others. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like.

Anivian

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choudenjibou View Post
I'm doing a test right now with no masteries or runes as gangplank. I'll edit with the results, I'm planning on not hitting a single minion in this test.

My base numbers were
64 from melee
32 from ranged
100 from cannon
Choudenjibou, would you mind if we join a practice game together (I'll do mid, you do upper) vs a bot, and we just note how much exp we get? You have no boost, and me with full boost (minus zil)?

Choudenjibou

05-24-2010

Sounds good, I'll hop back on now.
Who should make it?

Anivian

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choudenjibou View Post
Sounds good, I'll hop back on now.
Sweet. I'll have a notepad ready and record the time, minion killed, and the exp value given.

MrFreddy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Atrius's numbers are correct, find out what kind of an advantage it will actually give you!