Early release (with bugs/possible downtime) VS. Later release (with minor/no bugs)

Early release (with bugs/possible downtime) 156 67.83%
Later release (with minor/no bugs) 74 32.17%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Early release (with bugs/possible downtime) VS. Later release (with minor/no bugs)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CryptRat

09-08-2011

I'll give you a marshmellow now and then when you complain in five minutes, I'll take it back with my stomach pump.

But if you can wait five minutes, I'll give you two marshmellows.

The release date is completely irrelevant. Iron out the bugs first. (Granted, it's not even likely that this is what's "holding them up." There's plenty of work to be done between a polished demo for show and a releasable software version.)

Then when it's released, there won't be a cluster%^%& of threads with bugs and we can just focus on playing. I've been saving up IP for a few weeks now to prepare.

Ezmod

09-09-2011

I said what what.....

kuros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2011

It's not about when it is for me I just want a date.

Xuerian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2011

wouldnt it be easy for early release? so we can find bugs for them or something??

Yetiss

09-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNadir View Post
110% would rather wait an extra month than have it be released now and have to waste my valuable gaming time suffering through a shoddy product.

There are a lot of little kid gamers out there still living in their parent's basement that have all the time in the world to mess around and game excessively. Speaking for the older and gainfully employed crowd, my time is valuable and when I actually have time to chill, relax, and play some games, I want those not to suck. If that means I have to wait a bit longer for the next big release, that's perfectly acceptable.

tl;dr

Whiners gonna whine.
You do realize SR isnt going to dissapear and there is no benefit to being released later instead of sooner simply because you can still play SR. If your concerned about server issues those are going to come nomatter what its just do you want them now or later?

CaiusTSR

09-09-2011

Why would people would want something buggy that would have to be taken down anyway? You might as well wait for the thing to work right with little to know down time as appose to barely working with lots of downtime.

Flarius

09-09-2011

I say release it early with the possibility of lots of bugs, just because it's released early doesn't mean it will AUTOMATICALLY have millions of bugs and be down for a week. I'm sure a lot of the people that have been playing for 2 years are growing very very very very VERY tired of the same boring summoners rift or twisted treeline maps. yes people are impatient but you can also blame riot for that because all the advertising they do for it, saying it will come SOON or SHORTLY after pax. SOON or SHORTLY for 99.9% of the population means that it won't come out a month later.

black drack

09-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDarkholme View Post
Why do you all seem to think that a perfectly playable game that wasn't bugging out like no one's business at any of these various events, and that they themselves say they just need to make a few minor tweaks on, will be unplayably buggy if they release it sooner rather than later?
becouse theres a diffrence between a privite sever/lan and a public sever and games like homefront prove it becouse they tryed and did not think about how many people would play it was nowhere nere playable.

i pefore to wait so that we have less bugs in it

Multimancer

09-09-2011

Both choices will have lots of bugs and massive downtimes.

Yetiss

09-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdart View Post
becouse theres a diffrence between a privite sever/lan and a public sever and games like homefront prove it becouse they tryed and did not think about how many people would play it was nowhere nere playable.

i pefore to wait so that we have less bugs in it
Who cares? Like I said you can wait regardless if its released or not by simply not playing it. So the idea of this thread if dumb.