Early release (with bugs/possible downtime) VS. Later release (with minor/no bugs)

Early release (with bugs/possible downtime) 156 67.83%
Later release (with minor/no bugs) 74 32.17%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Early release (with bugs/possible downtime) VS. Later release (with minor/no bugs)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezmod

09-08-2011

Greetings QQers and QQrettes!

As we all already know there has been an overflow (over 9000!) of posts talking/crying about Dominions release date and how we are not getting any information on it from the reds. Now instead of complaining and asking RIOT to give us an answer I just wanted to demonstrate to them how many of us would prefer an early release with bugs, possible downtime, crashes etc.... VS. a later release with minor bugs or none at all. Seeing how the hype has been climbing for quiet a while and how the majority of players have interpreted "soon" as being within 2 weeks or less, it is clear that at some point RIOT has miss communicated or just majorly f'ed up in terms of updating us on the release date.

Therefore I would invite everyone to vote and Let the people's voice be heard!

Shini Laser

09-08-2011

Soon with no bugs!

I kid. While sooner would be nice, I rather take the later release, since sooner will turn into later eventually if it is full of bugs. Even, they can afford for the release to be goofed up too badly.

BlackNadir

09-08-2011

110% would rather wait an extra month than have it be released now and have to waste my valuable gaming time suffering through a shoddy product.

There are a lot of little kid gamers out there still living in their parent's basement that have all the time in the world to mess around and game excessively. Speaking for the older and gainfully employed crowd, my time is valuable and when I actually have time to chill, relax, and play some games, I want those not to suck. If that means I have to wait a bit longer for the next big release, that's perfectly acceptable.

tl;dr

Whiners gonna whine.

Ezmod

09-08-2011

Well the whole point of this thread is neither to give right to the QQers nore the patient people, just simply to show RIOT what to do or not to do for the next time.

kevlar14

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-08-2011

Games gonna be buggy however long you try to polish it. May as well let us help you figure out these bugs and get it over with sooner.

BunniesFromHell

09-08-2011

Why do you all seem to think that a perfectly playable game that wasn't bugging out like no one's business at any of these various events, and that they themselves say they just need to make a few minor tweaks on, will be unplayably buggy if they release it sooner rather than later?

I'm just sick of seeing people think that the argument for waiting another month is that "if it comes out right now it will be unplayable and crash the servers for weeks and I don't feel like dealing with bugs." Frankly any bugs we're likely to see upon release will probably get fixed pretty **** quickly anyway, regardless of when it releases, and that's not to mention internal testing will only take them so far. You are NOT going to get a completely bug-free, perfectly balanced Dominion on release no matter if it comes out today or a year from now. They don't even have the base game into which they are inserting Dominion in a state without bugs.

Ezmod

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDarkholme View Post
Why do you all seem to think that a perfectly playable game that wasn't bugging out like no one's business at any of these various events, and that they themselves say they just need to make a few minor tweaks on, will be unplayably buggy if they release it sooner rather than later?

I'm just sick of seeing people think that the argument for waiting another month is that "if it comes out right now it will be unplayable and crash the servers for weeks and I don't feel like dealing with bugs." Frankly any bugs we're likely to see upon release will probably get fixed pretty **** quickly anyway, regardless of when it releases, and that's not to mention internal testing will only take them so far. You are NOT going to get a completely bug-free, perfectly balanced Dominion on release no matter if it comes out today or a year from now. They don't even have the base game into which they are inserting Dominion in a state without bugs.
Well...though I do not entirely disagree with your post I must state the fact that the MAIN reason for a game to come out later rather than sooner is to make sure it is as good to go as it can be. Of course there will be bugs and what not but the fact is that they have already tested it out at PAX and probably in their offices meaning that the only plausible and logical issue remaining would be to make it as properly playable as possible on a very large scale.

Shini Laser

09-08-2011

11 out of 20 currently saying they rather a buggy release . . . so they want more of a reason to *****?

Methodone

09-08-2011

Chances are waiting or not waiting were still going to get downtime. bugs and issues will be found much faster with the public playing it then the riot staff alone hence open betas. Either way they choose your going to make people unhappy regardless it be waiting or not waiting

RoyalBlue

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
11 out of 20 currently saying they rather a buggy release . . . so they want more of a reason to *****?
Haters going to hate kinda thing? I'm not even raging, I'm looking forward to Dominion and I hope that the first time they upload it works, because I'm probably going to jump in. That said one of the amazing things Riot's staff does is try to get a product to work on a broad base of player's computers and internet capacities and I hope they continue this trend. To my mind they can take all the time they need to deliver the whole product. I fail to see how being frustrated about this does anything but demonstrate a person's self-centered views, it's not like Riot staff have stopped working on Dominion.