Riot Games is hiring Web Developers and Web Designers

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrashKourse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post

Even if these arenít the right positions for you, you may know someone qualified. If you refer someone for either position who ends up getting hired, we will give you 100,000 Riot Points 90 days after their start date. Just have them mention your name during their interview!
Pendragon you make me feel like a bounty hunter and make me work for you with out even being paid yet

fuedone

05-24-2010

start up an Australian office

id apply straight away haha

Yoshimbito

05-24-2010

100,000 riot points that enough to buy all heroes and skins twice

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
  • Clicking the Riot Icon takes you to the next Riot post in a thread
  • Changing time zone on the forums
  • Displaying your summoner icon as your forum avatar
  • A reputation system
  • APIs to allow developers to use player and game data
  • Mirroring competitive features (like ladders) to the website
  • Many more!
First, the way that is set up is via an RSS feed with thread IDs in it, I could go spelunking through the Firefox add-on for the code you're looking for, but basically it just says "This thread has N staff posts" and then navigates through them in chronological order.

Time zones are easy, basically its just adding or substracting hours based on which time zone the account holder specifies.

Are you wanting the summoner icon's to be updated in real time, or can it be part of a DTS package? (or whatever the mysql version of a data transformation schedule is.)

When you say Reputation system, are you talking about reputation related to the forum, or something akin to that WoW add on that let you rate and comment on how people played? Tell me more?

When you say API, why not just implement a full blown knowledge management center? Then build the API for that?

The KMC thingy would also work fine for ladder mirroring.

There is more?

Not to sound like a pompous ******nozzle (like I can help it though), but it sounds to me like most of this stuff is intern work. Efficient data replication to be used for the purposes of providing the players and developers data? Minor tweaks to the website for usability and readability?
I've done all of that stuff at various levels across an enterprise and was getting paid $9/hour. I'm going to go put my head down for a while, I think I'm gonna be sick.

ImARobotBoopBeep

05-24-2010

if the summoner icons will be shown on the website i would suggest more of them llike the champion icons so you can take the one of your main champ or other funny and cool stuff

Tech Monkey

05-24-2010

Do riot offer traineeships?

PENHALIGAN

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by torankusu View Post
YAY. I suggested the time zone thing like fifty times in IRC. ^_________^

I asked this before, too, but you said to bookmark one of your posts, but could we just get the option to see our post history in our account? :[

Thanks!
if you click on your name it gives you your post history.

Mushroom Jesus

05-25-2010

give us malzahar already!!1

Roalr

05-25-2010

Would it be possible to make it so that the announced maintenance/downtime periods would also change according to the Time Zone of the user?

Not that I don't know how to add/substract hours, but it would be a lot more simple for me and probably many others.

Kaiokhen

05-25-2010

Reputation system :x

I hope no1 abuses it and make double acc.

1234567 ... 8