Does anyone get random lag spikes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyBackHurtz

05-24-2010

Does anyone get random lag spikes while playing? I usually get a few random lag spikes in a game that can last 10 seconds or more. It's frustrating to see myself die when I finally catch up from the lag. Occasionally, I will lose connection and my internet resets. This ONLY happens when I'm playing LoL and I have never encountered this while playing any other game. I'm using Windows Vista 32-bit if that helps.

TheWorstEver

05-24-2010

Vista.

That's your problem right there.

Re-Format and get Windows 7. Or XP.

BangWow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Me too on XP :/
RAGGGEEEEEE!!! SERVERSSSS!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MyBackHurtz

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstEver View Post
Vista.

Ughhhhhhhh.... I don't want to reformat. Is there any way to work around this lag and fix it? Also, it seems like BangMe also gets the same problems on XP.

TheWorstEver

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBackHurtz View Post
Ughhhhhhhh.... I don't want to reformat. Is there any way to work around this lag and fix it? Also, it seems like BangMe also gets the same problems on XP.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=44477

Try running some of the scanners, and getting some of the programs that help "improve" your computer for gaming.

Rabid Gerbil

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBackHurtz View Post
Does anyone get random lag spikes while playing? I usually get a few random lag spikes in a game that can last 10 seconds or more. It's frustrating to see myself die when I finally catch up from the lag. Occasionally, I will lose connection and my internet resets. This ONLY happens when I'm playing LoL and I have never encountered this while playing any other game. I'm using Windows Vista 32-bit if that helps.

Same problem here, running Windows 7 on dell studio xps 16. netgear wireless router with time warner internet. Lag spike resets my whole internet connection

MyBackHurtz

05-24-2010

Quote:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=44477

Try running some of the scanners, and getting some of the programs that help "improve" your computer for gaming.
Thanks, I'll check out some of these programs.

Xetvenen

05-24-2010

yes

Tonitrui

05-24-2010

Consistantly, nd they always happen at the worst times.

I was a fed heimer 3v2 with ashe on my side bot, coulda got a trpiple kill but ashe got killed when I lagged launching my stun.

MyBackHurtz

05-25-2010

Quote:
Vista.

Reformatted and upgraded to Windows 7, but I still get the lag spikes. I'm guessing it's the internet connection, but it's weird how it only happens when I'm playing LoL.

Anybody have any other suggestions?