Why Dominion is "delayed" / "not out yet" / "missing" / "not released" / etc..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HayzeMalice

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeSavage View Post
Why is everyone forgetting in the youtube videos for dominion they actually say "Dominion is set to release when season one ends" of course i never expect anything to be released when its said unless i actually see it released. Just like GoW3 i didn't believe it was coming out till i saw peeps playing it.
Exactly... but because it wasn't "Written" they can do whatever they want... Just hope they know when they DO release DOMINION, many other cooler games will be out and they will lose customers.

If they want money, They need to release dominion before their competition releases something better.

Cuz there is better.

painboots

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunSupport View Post
Customer's perspective of "Shortly after pax":

2~3 days

Riot Staff's perspective of "Shortly after Pax":

2~3 patch cycles.

RIOT STAFF. HORRIBLY MISUNDERSTOOD.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

So many people do not understand how a business is run. You all watch too much television where everything is resolved within 1 hour.
In reality, this kind of thing takes a little longer then your average drama series. (Ever try to get a court date? 2 weeks is considered LIGHT SPEED. Riot's working at light speed!)

Stop living in your delusional utopia and take a look around you. This is how reality works. Get used to it, or you'll never be happy.
This is false. My father owns a business, and if he told someone he would have a set of drawings for them "soon", and he got the plans to them 2-3 months later, he would be out of business. It does not matter what kind of work you do, if you tell your customers "soon", they expect it to be produced on a timley manner.

You can make excuses all you want, but the truth remains that "soon" to them means whenever the hell they want

Esaru

09-20-2011

more Riot brown-nosers in this thread. rejoice

HayzeMalice

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaru View Post
more Riot brown-nosers in this thread. rejoice
No I told them they are making a mistake delaying their new MoneyMaker...

Sad to say they will make no Money if they w8...

MW3 nov Release...

painboots

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayzeMalice View Post
No I told them they are making a mistake delaying their new MoneyMaker...

Sad to say they will make no Money if they w8...

MW3 nov Release...
again MW3 is trash. Just like every other MW. Battlefield > MW all day every day. Sorry but its the truth

JunSupport

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by painboots View Post
This is false. My father owns a business, and if he told someone he would have a set of drawings for them "soon", and he got the plans to them 2-3 months later, he would be out of business. It does not matter what kind of work you do, if you tell your customers "soon", they expect it to be produced on a timley manner.

You can make excuses all you want, but the truth remains that "soon" to them means whenever the hell they want
Art and Game design are WORLDS apart.

If art takes 1 week (estimate, idk what your father does). Then that's an artist's idea of "soon"
If a game took 1 week. Then THAT would be a game developer's idea of "soon"

PROBLEM! That's not how long games take.

You know those games that always get released along with movies? THEY SUCK.

Why? Because the directors/investors only give game developers 2~3 monthes to make the game. Those people who order for a game to be made only see it as free advertisement for their idea/movie. They don't actually care about (or at least don't understand) the game quality.

There are some movie-inspired games that get released 2~3 years after the movie. Those are usually highly HIGHLY rated because game developers were actually given a less time-restricted schedule to flesh out the graphics and content.

You're wrong. You're misinformed. You're living in your own world. (and I'm a mean S.O.B.)

That's the reality.

Zarris

09-20-2011

like how stupid can ppl be they say its coming out soon cause they know the game mode works and is functional what they don't know is how stable the game mode is on a live server that is being played around the world