Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Dominion is "delayed" / "not out yet" / "missing" / "not released" / etc..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemo is OP

09-08-2011

Quote:
Shelara:
okay but really a full design team with testers cannot fix bugs within 2 weeks after pax...... still fail

Riot doesn't have all their resources devoted to Dominion.
They still have bugs in Summoner's Rift.
They still have to balance champions, items, and general aspects of gameplay
They still have to work on PVP.net
Not to mention the general preparations for Season 2.

Seriously, it takes some time to fix bugs, just wait it out.

Shini Laser

09-08-2011

Quote:
Shelara:
okay but really a full design team with testers cannot fix bugs within 2 weeks after pax...... still fail

Do you realize how hard it is to debug a game? We aren't talking about a 1000 line ASCII game you threw together in you Computer Science class.

JunSupport

09-08-2011

Just to repeat this again.

Because so many LoL-fans think "I know what's going on" when... they really don't.

RIOT STAFF. HORRIBLY MISUNDERSTOOD.

Shini Laser

09-08-2011

Quote:
JunSupport:
Just to repeat this again.

Because so many LoL-fans think "I know what's going on" when... they really don't.

RIOT STAFF. HORRIBLY MISUNDERSTOOD.

Riot is the new Misunderstood Mitch.

VinTheRockDiesel

09-08-2011

It's not that people misunderstand how the world works, it that Riot deceives them. Champions are often announced fewer than 14 days before release. Generally, the amount of information (percentage-wise) we get on a champion that we currently have on Dominion, or even that we had by PAX, is released up to 4 days before release. So essentially Riot is releasing this information at the same time they're releasing the champion. They shouldn't even release it then, right? Riot has built up certain expectations with releasing information at most a month before it hits the game (well, a month + an extended downtime). Dominion was announced a decent while ago, and now we have 3 more weeks at least. When Riot said "shortly after PAX," this may be what the meant. But what they implied (and, importantly, this is not the customer's fault, though they could have reasoned their way out of this) was that after this heavy load of information, Dominion would be out within a week. I mean, Talon is announced and released between paychecks. Riot customers are accustomed to hearing about things when they're close to ready and then getting them shortly after, when they're very nearly ready for release. Riot didn't say, "Don't let our champion release system fool you. This is a different thing, we're taking our time, we're going to have it ready before it's released, and it's going to be months away, on the order of a large project." For some reason, they thought their several million readers would interpret that on their own.

Shini Laser

09-08-2011

So . . . It is Riot's fault because apparently people can't differentiate between a champion and a brand new game mode?

Were you around when Co-Op v AI was released? It was announced a lot sooner than it was released and we even got to see the Rioters get their ass kicked by said bots (though they did throw some of their people who seem a little less knowledgeable on the game against it, but I digress). Riot did not say when it would be released besides after PAX. If they said "before PAX" and then that did not happen, that would be deception. But if people are truly stupid enough to have thought that it would release within a week or two after announcement, that is their own fault.

Gamblez

Recruiter

09-08-2011

Customer Service 101

When you give a timeline and say "soon" it pertains directly to what the consumer thinks is soon. Giving them what you think is "soon" is not only unprofessional but certainly rude and underhanded. If I tell my kid were going to the park "soon" but I mean 3 days from now he will be pissed, cause soon is different for him than it is for me, so I don't do it, common sense.

It's really very idiotic.

TrRex

09-08-2011

What I find funny... people are talking for Riot. They just keep teasing us making more people mad it is not out. They can think they are feeding us info about the map to keep us happy but in truth if they told us why and kept us updated on why it is not out yet, more people would understand and wait with a smile. Knowing it will be out next patch is huge. I would even settle for next 2 patches if they would let us know. I could be wrong but I thought they said it would be out last month after pax.

You say it was bugged? Has Riot said this? From the few games I watched it looked nice. I am sure they are still working on it but they have no sticky telling us it was bugged or even being worked on. I have looked for any thing of them saying it but i only find players talking for riot and staff staying out of it.

JunSupport

09-10-2011

Quote:
TrRex:
What I find funny... people are talking for Riot. They just keep teasing us making more people mad it is not out. They can think they are feeding us info about the map to keep us happy but in truth if they told us why and kept us updated on why it is not out yet, more people would understand and wait with a smile. Knowing it will be out next patch is huge. I would even settle for next 2 patches if they would let us know. I could be wrong but I thought they said it would be out last month after pax.

You say it was bugged? Has Riot said this? From the few games I watched it looked nice. I am sure they are still working on it but they have no sticky telling us it was bugged or even being worked on. I have looked for any thing of them saying it but i only find players talking for riot and staff staying out of it.

You didn't watch the stream, huh?

If you knew anything about game engineering and business (even as much as what one could possible learn from cartoons and drama shows) then you would know it's still not ready.

Dominion had a general time set for it to be released.
Obviously, they would show it off before then throughout a scheduled, to boost anticipation from the player base, receive feedback regarding what's good and bad, and ensure that the community understands the important features of such a massive undertaking.

A lot of people aren't angry. It's just that frustrated people know how to scream the loudest online. But Riot doesn't focus on a minority. They have experienced business men who deal with what's important: "The majority" of the customers.
You're not part of a majority, you're part of a very small minority of people who are just a tad too irritable and lack the intuition to understand what's going on.

Riot has been answer a vast amount of questions regarding Dominion already.
The rest of the questions, they assume the community is smart enough to answer on their own. And we are, a lot of us can answer those with out own intuition.
(or, it's a question they want to leave as a surprise, because they don't want everything about Dominion laid out on paper)

The details regarding why it's taking so long to be released is one of them. It's a simple question that only takes a little intuition.
Riot doesn't need to step in to answer such a basic question. We can answer it ourselves because some of us actually understand what's going on.

-It's pretty dam obvious that even after release, Dominion will have problems and bugs that were not visible when played by a small audience such as the Riot staff, or PAX gathering, but occur and have a greater impact when played by MILLIONS of users.
-It's pretty dam obvious that Riot wants the game as polished as humanely possible to make sure it doesn't crash and burn, only to waste an entire year's worth of work. (That's very important)
-It's pretty dam obvious that there was a scheduled time and that time is not now; no real promises were made, only vague educated guesses by other Riot staff. If you decided to bet on that guess, well... you'd make a terrible gambler. Reality 101 right here.

So, it's pretty dam obvious that they're spending this time to polish Dominion's codes and mechanics, so long as they're on the clock.

JunSupport

09-10-2011

Quote:
Gamblez:
Customer Service 101

When you give a timeline and say "soon" it pertains directly to what the consumer thinks is soon. Giving them what you think is "soon" is not only unprofessional but certainly rude and underhanded. If I tell my kid were going to the park "soon" but I mean 3 days from now he will be pissed, cause soon is different for him than it is for me, so I don't do it, common sense.

It's really very idiotic.

Happy Customer 101 - Some companies are different from others.

You need to re-learn how you accept information.
Riot communicates with their customer base more then any other company I've ever heard of.

Riot isn't like any other company in terms of communication, so you can't treat them like any other company either.

They operate in a different (but clearly successful) manner that demands that you, as a customer, start learning and re-evaluating what you consider acceptable.

Riot Designers' contracts do not involve them needing to understand the customer's perspective so deeply.

Those Riot staff are human, and have the right to say what they want. It's their opinion and/or perspective on the matter.
If you don't agree with it, too bad. They're taking their own time out of their day (outside of their work schedules and during their free time) to answer your questions and concerns.

It is a pleasure to have employees from all branches of Riot visit the forums to share information about all aspects of the game so we can be 10x more informed on League of Legends then any other game or product.

And remember... It's just a game.