Why Dominion is "delayed" / "not out yet" / "missing" / "not released" / etc..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celdur0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthE View Post
You can't even pass 1200 Elo in solo queue. Just shut up, the community has the right to complain when Riot has clearly broken their word.
How did they break their word? You just define shortly differently than Riot, which does not mean Riot broke their word.

Jacwoodhug

09-08-2011

Is Dominion active yet if so how do i get to it.

Shini Laser

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagnar View Post
Is Dominion active yet if so how do i get to it.
It will come in a patch.

@StealthE: Quote when Riot has given an exact time frame ("end of August", "2 patches from now", etc) and I'll say you are right, Riot has broken it's word. After 13 months of work on a single project, I would imagine a month is actually really short.

makeshifter

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthE View Post
You can't even pass 1200 Elo in solo queue. Just shut up, the community has the right to complain when Riot has clearly broken their word.
Is this kid serious? I'm trying to find logic in this post but my brain wants to explode over this stupidity. I better not misspell anything because I'm sure StealthE will use it against me.

The community complaining is not going to bring Dominion too us any quicker.
No word was broken.
The words "Shortly" and "Soon" do not represent the same time frame as your everyday life. "I'll be over there shortly." (15mins - few hours) " And other phrases that replace "In a bit."
If you think Entertainment and Digital Production the word soon takes a new turn.
"Coming Soon to a theater near you" (a few weeks to several months)
I mean here's a guy talking about new software he's working on
"Shortly after I released the first one (about 3 months in fact) I released version 2.0."
-Courtesy of BolducPress

I'm tired of people who don't get the picture. Stop complaining you're not getting any free RP, you're not getting Dominion early. I know it's rough with HoN sucking, RoI having no player base and RoT being down.
Give Riot a break
They'll give you a masterpiece

Teemo is OP

09-08-2011

Probably the biggest reason a lot of people were expecting It to come with the next patch was the large size of the Talon Patch which was said to be in preparation for Dominion. One would think with that it would come next patch.

I'm not complaining myself, I can wait.

Shini Laser

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiNagatoDesu View Post
Probably the biggest reason a lot of people were expecting It to come with the next patch was the large size of the Talon Patch which was said to be in preparation for Dominion. One would think with that it would come next patch.

I'm not complaining myself, I can wait.
Physically, the next patch hasn't even been released yet. It won't be until next Tuesday.

Shelara

09-08-2011

what I think is really funny is that they had hundreds if not thousands playing dominion at PAX but yet its not ready to release??? wow.............. Riot is worse than Blizz and thats bad.

Shini Laser

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelara View Post
what I think is really funny is that they had hundreds if not thousands playing dominion at PAX but yet its not ready to release??? wow.............. Riot is worse than Blizz and thats bad.
And there were a significant number of noticible bugs with Dominion's preview. Hence, not ready to release.

Shelara

09-08-2011

okay but really a full design team with testers cannot fix bugs within 2 weeks after pax...... still fail

Teemo is OP

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Physically, the next patch hasn't even been released yet. It won't be until next Tuesday.
Oh, I know that.
And I still have my hopes.
A few people though are frustrated with the lack of communication from Riot on the next patch, however. It will probably be Monday before we really know what's going to happen though.