What is Elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aquifn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

I keep seeing this term thrown around, but have been unable to find any definition of it. Can someone fill me in please?

Thanks

Muramas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Elo is a rating of how well you play. So if you win all your games you will start playing with people who are better and around your level.

What the matchmaker does is takes everyone's Elo and makes sure they are all evenly matched. Though if there is a lack of people it might also match you with the first available.

Rezialn

05-24-2010

Please don't post a rage topic on the forum about how matchmaking is bad. ELO can only do so much.

R66Y

05-25-2010

Also, it is Elo and not ELO. Elo is the name of the person who designed the rating system, ELO is the abreviated name of a 70s symphonic rock band.

FreightrainDre

08-02-2011

probably super newbie question but where do i even see what my Elo is?

Danmal

08-02-2011

You can't see your Elo unless you play ranked games. The normal game Elo is hidden.

littleboyjohn

2 Weeks Ago

I got banned for 20 days for no reason can someone help me?

littleboyjohn

2 Weeks Ago

I was stuck in bronze 5 then I started playing support Annie and realized that I won every game I played. So I continued playing until I got promoted. I kept winning once again and then o got banned for 20 days.

Pvt Yong Tai

2 Weeks Ago

Don't necro old threads. It has been fully resolved and no longer applies to the current league of legends. Geez john. If you are going to be an annoying piece of
at least necro a useful thread.

Not really. Don't necro old threads, period.

littleboyjohn

2 Weeks Ago

dude I got banned like 10 mins ago and I just want help.