Last Whisper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chosen0955

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

ok so, everyone who uses pantheon likes to use last whisper, but i have a question about it
does last whisper's unique passive(penetrates 40% of the defender's shiled) apply to spear shot, ageis of zonia, heart seeker, and grand skyfall?
or does that unique passive only applies to normal atks

EchoRex

05-24-2010

It applies to Spear Shot and Heartseeker, which deal physical damage.

Aegis and Skyfall deal magic damage.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

as echo7 already said. Also, all armor pen (brutalizer, ghostblade, black cleaver) apply as well. Spear shot and heartseeker deal physical damage, are effected by armor, are not effected by magic resist, and benefit from all armor pen and physical damage =)

Gaeb

05-24-2010

FYI, Last Whisper %pen does not work on tower armor. Flat pen (Brutalizer, Runes) does.

EchoRex

05-24-2010

Last Whisper DOES work on Tower armor.

Gaeb

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Last Whisper DOES work on Tower armor.
Not since a good number of patches ago.

The SHP

05-24-2010

anything, ability or auto-attack, that deals physical damage is affected by armor pen. Likewise, anything that deals magic damage is affected by magic pen.

for example, volley and spear shot are affected by armor pen. Sunfire cape passive damage and bloodrazor's 4% max hp proc both are affected by magic pen, since they both deal magic damage.

and i gotta agree with echo, last i tried, whisper affected towers. When i play on my mundo smurf i do far more damage to towers if i rush a last whisper than if i rush a starks. (and by far more i mean more than the 20 extra damage i'd have by getting a whisper)

EchoRex

05-24-2010

Haven't read a single patch notes that have included it not working against towers, though that doesn't mean I couldn't have missed it, have played since this time last year.

But... LW worked last night against towers.

Gained more than 20 damage, its base +AD stat, from equipping it against towers. Went from ~80 (before I got it) to 115 damage (after I acquired it).

Gaeb

05-24-2010

Gawd, if that's true I'm amused. There was this big uproar about it like 3 months ago.

EchoRex

05-24-2010

Went and looked for posts about it. They were full of "i feel" and "i heard" but no links to patch notes and couldn't find any patch notes that said one way or the other.

Went and tested it.

Was kind of inconclusive. Damage increase with no other penetration runes/items/masteries was an average of +12, went from 67 to 79 vs the front tower, from just Long Sword and Recurve Bow being upgraded into Last Whisper. Didn't level between attacks against a tower.

The test size was too small to definitively see, aka I didn't wait till I had stacked up some BFSwords to see a huge difference if the penetration was working or not. Also the test could have been skewed due to how early it was into the game when I went from LS/Recurve to Last Whisper, upgraded at around 8 minutes into the practice round.

But... I think it wasn't working to the full effect, the amount of damage gained was more than the upgrade said it should have been, but less than the armor penetration should have increased the damage alone.

So as of now, I would operate under the assumption that it isn't working for very much, if at all.

EDIT:

That being said, Last Whisper is still by far the best attack speed item (and only one worth getting before late game) for auto attack and physical damage ability champions.
_