About Taric....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critikill

05-24-2010

Is he worth getting good at?

This morning I played a game where I went 8/3/16.

We lost that one, but I don't know how, because we didn't have feeders. I would consider myself an average-bad player. But, I'm not one of those people who don't listen and talk like a hardass, with their 1/12/0 scores

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

omg you're talking about taric idk why i read "heimer". had to edit my post :/

Taric is also very good, but he got recently nerfed due to his incredible overpowered state if you really know what you're doing. But even now he's a force to be afraid off - taric wins games. No need to say more.

Helfeather

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-24-2010

I dunno, maybe you should look up some guides and game play videos. I feel so useless whenever I play Taric(or have team members playing Taric). It takes him FOREVER to clear a minion wave, can't heal fast enough late game, his W skill is kind of cruddy, and his stun/nuke does **** damage(and stun is same duration at all levels, so I leave it at 1 for the 2 second max distance stun). I dunno, if you do well with him, sure why not.. But I can't seem to be more useful than an aura machine.

GG Crono

05-24-2010

People exaggerate the extent of Taric's nerf. Really, it's not as bad as it seems.

Anyway, there's lots of ways to build up Taric, but most people agree on the following point: Always put your first point into Dazzle. Even with just one level, it's very good if only for the stun, and the stun length doesn't change between levels.

Another mistake a lot of new Taric players make; you may be tempted to be stingy with your Shatter use due to the aura. Don't. Shatter is a very powerful tool for both farming and weakening opponents. Step between the melee and magic enemy minions and pop it and you can easily polish them off. Whenever you stun someone with Dazzle, if they're not within range of a turret, run up and Shatter 'em.

He's also a great candidate for an early Aegis, since as a support champion and a tank, he'll be in the thick of things. For that same reason, Starke's Fervor is a pretty good choice even if you're not building for attack speed.

Soul Shroud is also good, since a bit of CDR can help him a lot.