Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

tower damage reduced by armor or magic resist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

09-07-2011

Is the damage from towers reduced by armor or magic resist or neither?

liquidstardust

09-07-2011

armor

I pwnz u now

09-07-2011

Armor.

razor345

09-07-2011

they deal true damage so niether

xFLATLINEx

09-07-2011

I am backing up razor345. I read from riot that it has been changed to true damage after it was easily tanked with a beefy amount of armour. You still can tank it with more life but alot less efficiently.

ComradeHX

09-07-2011

Last time I checked it was still physical, but Riot nerfed damage and added %-based armour penetration so tanks cannot tank it as easily as before.

kaleb bartlett

09-07-2011

Quote:
ComradeHX:
Last time I checked it was still physical, but Riot nerfed damage and added %-based armour penetration so tanks cannot tank it as easily as before.

this, it does physical damage with a % armor penetration. that's why you see tanks still taking a good chunk of damage per shot (health pools sometimes makes it look like less).

Something Snazzy

09-07-2011

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Tower

It is still physical but they have 20% armor pen. 20% is a lot but that 250 armor Rammus is still gonna have +200 armor equivalent.. They also do less damage since that was added, so their total damage is only larger for people with armor too.