Do not buy anything! heres why...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critikill View Post
So...what you're saying is... You want no one to pay for the game, and if everyone were to do just that, the dev's will be forced to make the game p2p, or shut it down entirely.
QFT

OP is a corporate terrorist.

One that fails.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyeBlaze View Post
Besides, if you've spent 150$ on this game, and you're willing to just... throw it away? You make 150$ in 6 hours? I would LOVE that job.
That's ~$50k / year (2 week vacay, 40hrweek-based salaried position) fwiw.

RE: Op's post, I avoid try-harding on my main account for that reason - the extra competition at the higher level brings no reward except stress right now. Play for fun, folks, until a real reason to be competitive emerges. /shrug

EchoRex

05-24-2010

@OP:

It isn't the quality of your opponents getting higher, the problem is you are becoming worse comparatively.

See this alot with people who played a ton of games to start, then stopped playing much, only to lose their ability to think and react at a competitive to their opponent's level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeb View Post
RE: Op's post, I avoid try-harding on my main account for that reason - the extra competition at the higher level brings no reward except stress right now. Play for fun, folks, until a real reason to be competitive emerges. /shrug
You don't have to try-hard to play with people who are competitive and competent. In fact, most of the better players just laugh at the Try-Hard compositions outside of tournaments.

Here's the thing, it is always going to be more fun to play against people who you are competitive with, whether it is mid ELO, high ELO, or top ELO. (Low ELO is just bad, the teammates are more frustrating than anything the opponents can possibly do).

The only way to fit into where you will be competitive is to learn the game to the best of your abilities and just play.

The OP is failing because he is not proficient with the game, it sounds like a stereotypical case of inflated ELO ranking, he manages to get on teams that carries him for a few dozen wins, leaves for a few days, and comes back and can't figure out why he is being beaten. But instead of looking at himself, he blames the system.
_

Muramas

05-24-2010

I do have to say that LoL does the game right. Having it so that people can play completely free while giving you the option to get anything you want.

I suggest if you like the game to support them.

EpulProHai

05-25-2010

i will pay for the game to make it grows......because they have already provide us player with an awesome game for free......

Preacherboy

05-25-2010

I think your "advice" is wrong on so many levels.

A. DO not pay for this game. Lets say everyone reads your post and takes it to heart... no one pays. IN a few weeks game is gone. Nice post!

B. I can't keep winning at my current level so I will keep making new accounts so I can play against people who havn't developed skill yet so I can win... Which means you are raising the odds that legitimate new players will get a loss in their first game and be less inclined to stick around and want to develop their skills. Nice Post!

C. Let me post this in the new players thread where new players are inclined to read to learn about the game and see if I can create more people who have a negative impact on the community. Nice Post!

I hope this thread gets not only -1ed into the ground, but also deleted or at least moved from this part of the forum.