Do not buy anything! heres why...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Divinemind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

This game is very fun when you are starting out, however as you progress you will play against opponents of increasing skill. The system is based on ELO; a match making system used in chess tournament to create fair matches based on players win/loss ratio vs players of similar win/loss ratio.

This means if you get good, then take a week or longer break. When you return, you will be facing nearly insurmountable odds against players who match only your stats. I've run into this and I am done playing the account I spent $150 on. I will now only play on new accounts, because I cannot play consistantly week after week. The tactics in a game with over 500wins are ridiculous and not fun. Especially with the graphical lag since the latest patch.

DON"T PAY! PLAY FOR FREE!

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

I hope you realise that the game and the tactics evolve. If you had really payed money for your acc - and a considerable ammount - stick to it. If your opponents are really overwhelming - well, it won't take more than 5-6 losses to bring you back to a relaxed level of play ^^

Divinemind

05-24-2010

5-6 hours? I have time for about 2-3 games on the weekend. Its not fair to the other 4 players either. I will count it as a loss and simply make a new account each week.

Divinemind

05-24-2010

The ELO rating should diminish over time. That way I don't come back to a juggernaught for 5-6 games or whatever other arbitrary estimations random people come up with.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinemind View Post
This means if you get good, then take a week or longer break. When you return, you will be facing nearly insurmountable odds against players who match only your stats.
What are you talking about? Its not like your stats go up when you're not playing. The people you faced in your last game (before a break) will be at the exact same level as the people you're facing when you get back from your break.

FYI Wins/Games Played/Summoner Lvl ≠ Skill Level

SyeBlaze

05-24-2010

Why the hell is this posted in the New Player forums?

This is a disgrace, sir, and a potentially bannable offense.

Besides, if you've spent 150$ on this game, and you're willing to just... throw it away? You make 150$ in 6 hours? I would LOVE that job.

Divinemind

05-24-2010

Well either I'm really rusty or the projectile graphical errors are ruining my game. I would say both. Skill is just practice something I don't get much of playing only once or twice a week. And yes players with 400-500 wins do tend to be play much better than players with only 1-2 wins. They also tend to have voip communication as well.

FYI: You assume too much.

MrLuLu

05-24-2010

this forum is for previous LoL player teaching new player you're not new so you might discuss this in General discussion not here....

Anxy

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinemind View Post
Well either I'm really rusty or the projectile graphical errors are ruining my game. I would say both. Skill is just practice something I don't get much of playing only once or twice a week. And yes players with 400-500 wins do tend to be play much better than players with only 1-2 wins. They also tend to have voip communication as well.

FYI: You assume too much.

I have yet to see someone with 400 to 500 wins get put up against someone with 1 to 2 wins what with the new match making system.

i think your full of BS.

As for the VoIP part, i've learnt over the years i've been playing games that VoIP has its pro's and cons.

if i want a proper games where i'm playing at my best i won't VoIP. if i want to have fun with friends i VoIP.

This whole thread is nonsense. based on false facts.

I hope this thread gets locked just for that reason.

Critikill

05-24-2010

So...what you're saying is... You want no one to pay for the game, and if everyone were to do just that, the dev's will be forced to make the game p2p, or shut it down entirely.