Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LOL Matchmaking Explained

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madrox

09-15-2009

I see you shortened your name.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

09-15-2009

Quote:
bowyer:
nice, you actually posted a well written article for once

What? my normal writing has flaws?!?!!?!

Dakisarak

09-15-2009

Quote:
Zileas:
What? my normal writing has flaws?!?!!?!

um ya lol

jasonoliver

Senior Business Development Manager

09-15-2009

@bowyer, ballsy comment yo. you do not know what evil rage you have just unleashed upon you, your current family, and your future offspring.

El Lazor

09-15-2009

Woah, what's up with all the Riot posts up in this joint? Feels like I'm in the middle of something really important.

On a side note it's about time we got specifics for matchmaking!

Thrillhouse

09-15-2009

Good post IMO.

LeGeR

Recruiter

09-15-2009

Good post, thank you

Savage

09-15-2009

Quote:
Zileas:
  • The system then tries to balance the team to make two teams with 50% odds of winning.

Thank you for clearing that up. Premade or bust is the only way to play high level I guess.

Malkir

09-15-2009

Thanks for the reasoning behind how it works. I have been noticing a 50% 50% when queueing recently and its really annoying to see win/loss/win/loss in my past 4 games but it seems like this is working \o/ I understand from what I read that the rated games will show you what your "elo" is. Do you think it is a fair assumption once that happens to kind of see your rated ELO as the same as your normal game elo? or do you think that people will have 2 completely different numbers between rated and non-rated simply because of the amount of people that will be doing normal over rated?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

09-15-2009

Quote:
Savage:
Thank you for clearing that up. Premade or bust is the only way to play high level I guess.

I don't follow.