Riven, The Exile's art style is very similar to Ezreals (Are they related)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I've always thought of it this way, though this isn't necessarily 100% canonical. It's just a nice way of thinking about it.

Jax is 'the weaponsmaster', so he's level 100 in all weapon types conceivable. Give Jax a rubber squeaky toy, he'll still kill you with it. (I suspect he cheats by simply empowering whatever he wields with magic, but that's a personal theory of mine.)

Master Yi, though, with his ancestral sword and ancient art of Wuju, is level 110 in swords. He's not a master of every weapon known to man, but give him his sword and he will destroy you. However, as Master Yi's entire village was wiped out in the Noxian/Ionian conflict, it's hard to say what the future of Wuju Style will be.

I believe Master Yi was out fighting in another front when his village was attacked. (To be fair, Zaun also "aided" Noxus out in that war. Swords don't really do much against poison clouds, aka Singed.)
In regards of Jax power he still have an edge, Wuju Style is nothing more than 1 style of martial art forged around swords, Jax may have less in Wuju Style (since is something only Yi and Wukong knows) but have 100 in every other sword style, so basically he will always have an edge do to versatility an adaptability (unless Yi challenge him to a 1v1 Wuju Style only match).

Xypherous

Systems Designer

09-07-2011
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Again, I suspect Jax actually just cheats and magically empowers whatever he touches to be awesome, regardless of what it is. Still my favorite theory, given the fact that he as AP ratios all over the place.

But I'm not sure any Jax vs. Yi encounters have been are known in lore.

Tortoos

09-07-2011

Thanks for the insight xyph. That had been bugging me for a long time. Now I only need to know how the mighty tryndamere stacks up to the others. thank you.

After all, we've all seen what happens when he gets REALLY angry. So angry he can't even die.

Hashii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2011

I'm going to point something out that I noticed immediately.
Riven's Glove is on the RIGHT hand.
Ezreal's is on the LEFT hand.

They look awfully similar.

Possibly from the same set? Assuming the gloves were once a pair. And were then separated for whatever reason?

EDIT: I will keep the incorrect information in there as it was my own folly..
Read Ezreal's lore, he found an amulet.. (which I assume he mounted to his glove).
SO.... Maybe Riven is the same?
The Amulet(s) were once one, or a set?

ShugoTheLostOne

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyShot69 View Post
Well they are both females so of course they would look similar
you do know that Ezreal is a dude right??
if you dont try reading :P

Scrubby Yum Yums

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashii View Post
I'm going to point something out that I noticed immediately.
Riven's Glove is on the RIGHT hand.
Ezreal's is on the LEFT hand.

They look awfully similar.

Possibly from the same set? Assuming the gloves were once a pair. And were then separated for whatever reason?

EDIT: I will keep the incorrect information in there as it was my own folly..
Read Ezreal's lore, he found an amulet.. (which I assume he mounted to his glove).
SO.... Maybe Riven is the same?
The Amulet(s) were once one, or a set?
That's something that's always confused the **** out of me, wasn't the device he found gigantic? The lore is less than clear, or maybe I'm just dumb.

Nuclear Ravens

09-07-2011

Riven kinda reminds me of Xandir...

Saishy

09-07-2011

So Xypherous when you were saying about Riven skills I always imagined she had something like, when you hold E she starts walking 50% slower, when you release she charges at mouse location with damage and range based on amount of time charging xD

Also, is Jax a mage so? He uses magic to empower everything, jumps, weapons, and I don't think aoe stun is a physical feat.

Tenshi Jinn

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
To be fair, Master Yi would probably attack her on sight.

She was part of the Noxian/Ionian conflict, after all, and she wasn't exactly on the Ionian side. *cough*

Master Yi lost a lot in that war. :x
Can they learn to be friends?

IS123783ee4dab45

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugoTheLostOne View Post
you do know that Ezreal is a dude right??
if you dont try reading :P
People know that Ezreal is a dude, but it seems to be a running gag of labeling Ezreal as a girl (possibly due to this: "anime pretty boy in a setting with manly men and monsters").
The joke is kind of like Taric loving mangina, Gangplank eating an orange and being k, Rammus saying "ok", and now "A reverse every champion" skin.

On the subject of this thread, I've already seen people say: "Riven is a dude" in other threads.
http://i.imgur.com/H6fsB.jpg
<_<
<_<
<_<
Really...?
This community...lol...
I'd like to see the communities reaction if Riot ever releases a manly Ezreal skin.