Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Developer's Diary - Art & Environment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperSlick

09-07-2011

U guys can flame me all u want, but i had this pic as my background 3 weeks ago. Wtf riot pls release dominion. I heard they were trying to balance the champions out. Would it not be better to release it then see what champions need to be balanced specifically for dominion.... Instead of taking forever to release some over hyped content. When dota 2 is supposed to be released soon... Im just saying

FingeredDander

09-07-2011

His name is Eduardo Gonzalez. Hehe. It sounds fake

Zephalon

09-07-2011

League of Legends is taking DOTA genre to whole new level... DOTA 2 is going the classic route... Me, i like ambition, innovation and integration.... Hat's off LoL team....

tormentors

09-07-2011

I personally think riot took the MOBA gaming style genre to a whole new level with dominion coming through..........no wonder Heroes of Newerth went free to play......lol

ziad1983

09-07-2011

cant wait

Erythross

09-07-2011

SPAAAAACEEEEEE!

... Eduardo Gonzalez is a regular name, the fact that it's like saying im John Smith doesn't mean it's fake...

sicdeath

09-07-2011

Stop teasing us already ffs. Most of us want to get our hands on Dominion. Release this stuff after it is out. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

TheEye

09-07-2011

I thought they made that "Behind the scenes" **** after they release something.. not before :X

Dark Waran

09-07-2011

please stop teasing and start the dominion!!

Jhaerik

09-07-2011

I'm just hoping this "instant action for the teens" game mode doesn't get every single strong early game champ nerfed just for a game mode I'll most likely rarely if ever play.

Control-point gameplay is old as time, it's been done to death, and in general disolves into everyone running a circle as a zerg capping and leaving, and whichever team finally pulls off a decisive teamfight win gaining momentum which they never lose. Most control-point game mosts in every game I've ever seen have been pretty predictable from the 5 minute mark, I doubt we'll see a change.

Strong early-mid game champ, and high damage aoe ulti dump at 11'ish will rule the day with no jungle/limited ganking. Trying to balance both modes is going to mess with the game mode I see most sticking to after the "oooooh shiney" wear's off, and they realise domination is going to play out more like 3v3, where champs like Tryn/Jax/WW/Xin/Yi Rule the day do to pressure to join early team fights. Champs like Zilean/Ashe/Kayle/Tristiana/Panth/Twitch will be brushed off. Also see Karth being a serious issues. How is his passive going to work with capture points?

If the entire game is going to be about tower cap's.. how will you balance taunt champs?

Look. add domination, I don't care. Just don't go balancing the game around it. Leave it as the "it is what it is" game mode.