Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Concept] A normal, rank and file soldier between the legends.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borkcire

09-06-2011

Hello. I've had this idea a while ago but I didn't want to post it because it didn't sound fantastic enough, or at least it didn't fit the general artistic feel Riot had at first. Then, less fantastic Champions were released so I decided to give it a try.

I'm thinking about a manaless, "tactics" or "combo" based soldier. He has no supernatural capabilities, no will bending powers or anything. He just hits stuff with swords, kinda like Garen. But unlike Garen, this guy is a nameless warrior that was part of an unusual chain of events which accidentally got him into the League.

Also, a quote from Xypherous got me interested. Something about Noxus exploring a more noble side, so to make the character more interesting, I'll give him a Noxian nationality.

So, this is the concept in a nutshell: A Noxian rank and file soldier found himself part of the Noxus and Swain conspiracy and through an unbelievable turn of events, he found himself recruited into the League of Legends.

The "twist" is that even he doesn't know how he got there, and knows fully well that his chances of standing against Valoran's finest are slim but that won't stop him from trying.

So far so good. Now the mechanics:

I was split between a combo based melee dps or a team tactics based support tank but I found the former more interesting.

I was thinking about seemingly "mundane" abilities, such as a short front/back dash (Or leap. Think Vayne's tumble, but without the bonus AD), a cone aoe slice, an uppercut and a descending slash. This concept doesn't have an ultimate, just 4 abilities that have special effects if linked.

For example, linking the leap with the aoe will reduce the targets' armor. Linking the leap with the uppercut will knock one target up. Linking the uppercut with the descending slash will stun the target. (I was thinking knock back at first but I found that a bit too problematic because everyone hates it when you knock back a low hp target and they survive.)

I'm still trying to figure out a passive that fits his kit. The only one I can think of is reduced CC effects so that his combos don't get interrupted too much, but I would like to hear better suggestions.

Finally, his aesthetics would be that of a Noxian soldier, but wearing a helmet to disguise his face, which adds to the air of "blandness" I want him to have. As I said, this character is just an average, nameless, faceless and confused rank and file soldier, wondering how he got himself tangled in this conspiracy, but still accepts to fight so he can bring valor to his nation.

I know it sounds like an uninteresting and unoriginal concept, but I feel that, if his story is well written, people will get past that. And I have faith in Riot that they can make this guy interesting.

So, please post feedback and, as always, a Red post is desired and appreciated. His abilities are subject to change but I want the character concept to remain largely unchanged.

Borkcire

09-06-2011

Oh, and in case you found the team based tactics concept interesting, here is what I was thinking:

His passive would give him and his teammates bonus movement speed when running AWAY from enemy champions, aptly named "Tactical Withdrawal."

His Q ability would be like a glorified "ping" mark with actual in-game effect. He picks a target and orders his teammates to take it out. For the duration of the mark, the target takes increased damage from all sources and has decreased movement speed.

His W ability would be his main damage mitigation ability. The amount of allies surrounding him increase his armor and mr by a flat ammount and, on activation, he doubles the amount for himself during a short duration while giving his allies the original amount.

His E would be a short ranged Snare. Kind of like Sion's Q, he gives a target a cold stare which freezes it for a set amount.

And finally, his ultimate would be his main initiation ability. Like Galio's ult, it would be a maker or breaker of teamfights, and like Morgana, it'll be activable (I don't think that word exists but I just created it to serve my purpose) only when enemies are near. He shouts with such force that all nearby targets are feared for a scaling amount, depending how many are there.

I know this concept is flawed because he seemingly has no damage abilities, but if you find it more interesting, we can focus on it and change it into a viable support tank.

RiKSh4w

09-06-2011

Pro Tip: Organise
Set your idea out like a champion idea and not a concept. This is hard to read and looks unprofessional. bold does wonders.

After imagining this set out properly, its not too bad of a concept gameplay-wise. It'll never work cause its too far fetched and also, people like interesting. I mean I get tired of tryndamere sometimes because he is auto-attack based and hasn't alot of cool abilities. I'd be tired of this guy in a snap.

Here is a tip: "That which is the most out of reach, grants the most satisfaction"

RiKSh4w

09-06-2011

Ninja'd man...

Borkcire

09-06-2011

Quote:
RiKSh4w:
Pro Tip: Organise
Set your idea out like a champion idea and not a concept. This is hard to read and looks unprofessional. bold does wonders.

After imagining this set out properly, its not too bad of a concept gameplay-wise. It'll never work cause its too far fetched and also, people like interesting. I mean I get tired of tryndamere sometimes because he is auto-attack based and hasn't alot of cool abilities. I'd be tired of this guy in a snap.

Here is a tip: "That which is the most out of reach, grants the most satisfaction"

Yeah, I know it needs organizing. I posted the concept here first because I needed somewhere to edit it and I thought that others would be glad to help.

Also, I know people want super ultra flashy wacky abilities and concepts but I made this one specifically to act as a foil or contrast to the fantastic elements of the game.

We have insane scarecrows, time wizards and egyptean gods and then there's this guy who has absolutely nothing to do with the League, and he knows it, but he's still in and tries his best to keep up.

Also, English is my "third" language so my sentence structure may be a bit off at times.